ATN OFF ROADERS! Perfect Rocky Point Off Road Vehicle - 256k Beware!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Now all we needed to do is box the upper shock mount and cut tacks off of the frame rails so we can pull the cage out and fully weld and paint it.

Also up next is installing the bump stops pictured above at the bottom of the picture.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
At this point the old stock Toyota spring over perches have been cut off of the axle. The leaf packs have been put back together and everything has been fully welded.

The bumps hit the axle in the exact spot they used to which is where the stock Toyota leaf perch was that I cut off. The bumps now contact the axle tube directly above the spring under perch that I welded on.

This is before I cut the stock Toyota brackets off to make room for the new poly bump.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
4" between axle tube and frame rail at full bump. About a half inch of shock shaft still showing to compensate for the poly bump "give".

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Had to install an extended length brake line to the rear. No pictures taken unfortunately and limit straps.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
In review, the cycle of the suspension at full droop, the axle tube is 21" from the frame rail. At full bump the axle is 4" from the frame rail. That gives us 17" of unstrapped wheel travel in the rear of this truck. Excellent numbers for a decent desert truck. I installed the limit strap to compensate for give. The limit straps will stretch 3/4 to 1" to my understanding so I strapped the suspension down travel (extension) to a total of 16.25 to start compensating for the stretch. In theory once my limit straps have stretched I should be getting close to 17" of usable wheel travel.

Kelney

Well Known Member
Nice write up! Looks like a lot of great work was put behind your rebuild. I always thought about doing the poker run in my Jeep TJ but was never to sure about doing organized off road events. I usually get off road to get away from people. Sounds like a lot of fun though.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Nice write up! Looks like a lot of great work was put behind your rebuild. I always thought about doing the poker run in my Jeep TJ but was never to sure about doing organized off road events. I usually get off road to get away from people. Sounds like a lot of fun though.
I would rather go without the other cars so we can go at a faster pace but when or if you break it's nice to have the others for help and support. One of the reasons why we don't go out exploring more. I think a couple of cars is the middle ground. Peace of mind but still somewhat isolated.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Thanks for the breath of fresh air on this brain dead site with your new post Joe!

As an over the hill boomer who happens to be a hard core racist white man who just loves other white people (females only), I do 100% approve of your work, intentions and photography. I will be holding my breath for the day when you try to pass me in my Ford Raptor out there in the El Desierto Altar at 100 mph. slinging fist sized bits of gravel into my already horribly self inflicted rock pitted/ cracked windshield.

As I mentioned in my last post we have temporarily relocated our off-road weekend ops to the area between Yuma and Gila Bend both south and north of the I-8 hwy. This weekend we will be raptor-izing north of the hwy from the old WW2 Geo. Patton training camp at Horn then up to the Palomas Mountain range to seek out members of the newly planted and recovering Sonoran Pronghorns just south of the King of Arizona mining area. From what I have read in the old-timey western stories they are the most excellent ready to bar-be-cue meat of all north American game.

Since all FUSA.Gov military operations on the US Army Proving Ground, US AF Goldwater and USMC range operations are on a total standstill, now is the perfect time to get out and appreciate OUR OWN LANDS, if you have the vehicle to do it! In the past six weeks we have never been approached by those asshole guardians of our own property.

When we do make contact with the Border Patrol we just TELL THEM where we are planning on going. Most of them are only concerned with well armed Mexicans leading groups of fifteen or more Chinese Fucking Wetback Soldiers that are now infiltrating our country from the southern border by the hundreds every day now. Any of you out there within reading distance of this really need to know these Chink Bastards are not screwing around. We are at war with them! They mean business and you are only a minor hic-up in their plans.

I'll get you an update upon returning to my compound later this weekend.

JJ

fasteddy

Well Known Member
Great write up! I did the poker run in 2018. i saw your truck out there I believe but I did not realize it was you. I was clunking around in a blue jeep XJ
hope to make the next one!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Great write up! I did the poker run in 2018. i saw your truck out there I believe but I did not realize it was you. I was clunking around in a blue jeep XJ
hope to make the next one!
We've done it 3 years in a row now. It's a great way to see some of the desert and beach north of town without taking the risk of getting stuck or stranded if you went out exploring alone. We only have 2wd so driving in some of the deep sand and other parts of the run I wish were a little faster paced but it's fun nevertheless!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Thanks for the breath of fresh air on this brain dead site with your new post Joe!

As an over the hill boomer who happens to be a hard core racist white man who just loves other white people (females only), I do 100% approve of your work, intentions and photography. I will be holding my breath for the day when you try to pass me in my Ford Raptor out there in the El Desierto Altar at 100 mph. slinging fist sized bits of gravel into my already horribly self inflicted rock pitted/ cracked windshield.

As I mentioned in my last post we have temporarily relocated our off-road weekend ops to the area between Yuma and Gila Bend both south and north of the I-8 hwy. This weekend we will be raptor-izing north of the hwy from the old WW2 Geo. Patton training camp at Horn then up to the Palomas Mountain range to seek out members of the newly planted and recovering Sonoran Pronghorns just south of the King of Arizona mining area. From what I have read in the old-timey western stories they are the most excellent ready to bar-be-cue meat of all north American game.

Since all FUSA.Gov military operations on the US Army Proving Ground, US AF Goldwater and USMC range operations are on a total standstill, now is the perfect time to get out and appreciate OUR OWN LANDS, if you have the vehicle to do it! In the past six weeks we have never been approached by those asshole guardians of our own property.

When we do make contact with the Border Patrol we just TELL THEM where we are planning on going. Most of them are only concerned with well armed Mexicans leading groups of fifteen or more Chinese Fucking Wetback Soldiers that are now infiltrating our country from the southern border by the hundreds every day now. Any of you out there within reading distance of this really need to know these Chink Bastards are not screwing around. We are at war with them! They mean business and you are only a minor hic-up in their plans.

I'll get you an update upon returning to my compound later this weekend.

JJ
Chinese solders huh? Damn, I must have missed that story on OAN.

We went out this weekend on Easter Sunday to go camping at Sheep Bridge. Never had been there before. It was awesome until the truck wouldn't start 20 miles into the wilderness in the Verde River valley. Had to get towed out by a Ford F250 indestructible 7.3 turbo diesel. Before we were all the way out of Horseshoe damn while we were being towed and because I had no brakes we slid into a 4 foot ditch and stuffed the front of the truck so hard into a wash wall that I was certain I had destroyed the lower arm, coilover, front bumper/skid and radiator... Got out and saw that the front bumper took it like a champion and nothing had one dent. The lower arm hit with so much force that it pushed in the back CAM ALIGNMENT TAB like 2 or 3 inches inward toward the center of the vehicle so now the geometry is so fucked you can't drive. Had to get tow home. What a horrible day and half.