Atv Battery bootcamp

Landshark

Good article. Look forward to only seeing lead acid batteries in the history books where they belong. Hope I live long enough to see it!

Landshark

Lithium-Ion batteries
  • Drop In Replacement - Same group sizes as standard lead acid batteries.
  • GUARANTEED TO LAST - 5 Year Warranty repairable for life
  • Connect multiple batteries in parallel or in series
  • Zero maintenance
  • 70% lighter than lead acid
  • Dry Battery - No Toxic Lead, Gases or Acid
  • Safe - ROHS compliant No Lead or Acid

Landshark

did anyone look at the price for these 1300.00 each. wow talk about sticker shock.
Yeah, pretty pricey but the cost is coming down faster than expected. In the somewhat near future I suspect this battery or something similar will become affordable and replace the dangerous and antiquated lead-acid battery in our everyday vehicles.

jerry

Newcomers to Rocky Point with ATV's that are not used to these heat and cold variations need to be battery smart.Nothing like that moment you find yourself 15 miles from nowhere, 20 feet below hightide line on a ATV with no pull cord when it doesn't turn over!

I was aghast when the new ATV's were produced with no pull or kick start options, hated them. I always thought a great aftermarket product would be a reliable and not too expensive pull start conversion kit.
Some of the very nice and new KTM dirt bikes have electric start now but always with a kicker as a backup.