bahiatrader

Hey bahiatrader What is your name ? Where did you landscape. It is hard to tell on your pic with the mask on but you look like a fellow I used to buy large palm trees from in Phoenix ???

Don't Worry Be Happy
Bill

B

bahiatrader

My name is Bob. I don't think I'm the guy. I've only been to Phoenix a few times, and I try to avoid the place. In the late 60s and early 70s I was owner/co-owner of a landscape/tree service, nursery, turf farm, and equipment rental in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. I did logging and excavation on the side. I got dirt under my fingernails a lot of times until we started growing. We were the first guys in the Pacific Northwest to landscape spec housing developements. I sold my interests, and moved to Central Oregon in the middle of that big blank spot you see in the middle of the state map.
If you saw someone driving down the road there, you often stopped right in the middle of the road and talked. We started snowbirding down to Laughlin in the 80s. That was population density stress for us. We spent the first summer here in '94. I figured we were temporarily camped here for several years, but I guess this is where we live now. I only worked so I could hunt and fish. I even did it for a living for a while. The plant nurturing days are long gone, but I was the most famous gardener in the sparsely populated county where we lived in Central Oregon. State Fair Winner! That's my best fish story for the day.

Kenny

Hey Bob did you ever fish for small mouth at Prineville reservoir? I caught some very nice fish there. The last thing I did before I left in 85 was to catch one more Steelhead. This is a 19lb native buck I caught in the east fork of the Lewis river right before I left. Light gear, and 10lb test in fast water. Nothing like a steely.[attachment=0:1wrnyz07]steelhead.jpg[/attachment:1wrnyz07]

Kenny

Attachments

B

bahiatrader

Yes I have. I've also picked some pretty hefty trout out of the Crooked river that feeds it. This is a steelhead I got out of the Nehalem River when I flew to Oregon for a visit last February.

Attachments