Baja Vista

beachgirl

Well Known Member
That is a great picture. I love it when the sun is in just the right position to be able to see Baja, and even better, Bird Island. I wish I had a camera that was good enough to capture the mirages that come off it. Last month, at one point it looked like a space shuttle take-off, and then just a bit later it looked like a huge sail. To me, it is one of the most fascinating things to look at, especially when it changes it's look almost right before your eyes. It doesn't happen all that often, but check it out if you ever get the chance.

beachgirl

Well Known Member
OMG, you nailed it!!!!! I've seen it like that before (the "columns", as I call them!)......it looks nothing like the actual island, which makes it so fascinating. There's nothing better than sittin' on the beach, sippin' a beer, in our swing, watching the island transform.......and then you have the spectacular sunset after that!!!!!

La Huerita

Well Known Member
Here's a bookend for your shot of Baja, Stephen: Sunrise at El Dorado Ranch in San Felipe, looking across the Sea of Cortez toward Rocky Point in 2006.

sunrise-sf.jpg

thomsonc2010

OMG, you nailed it!!!!! I've seen it like that before (the "columns", as I call them!)......it looks nothing like the actual island, which makes it so fascinating. There's nothing better than sittin' on the beach, sippin' a beer, in our swing, watching the island transform.......and then you have the spectacular sunset after that!!!!!
Those "columns" are Bird Island? It looks so strange from land. I mean, it doesn't look like that at all when you get out there. Very unusual.