Bancomer

How many of you use Bancomer. I understand they are a Spanish bank and you do not need to provide a S.S.N. I also understand they do not report to the USA. The accounts can be in dollars or pessos.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Bill, as far as know all banks required some type of FM visa for a foreigner to open an account, the one that might not give you to much hassle is the BBVA related banks since BBVA also owns Compass bank in USA, however you will have to have an account with BBVA Compass bank in Arizona to be able to take advantage of that banking relationship.
I do not remimber right now if Bancomer is the BBVA bank in RP, for some reason I am thinkng of Santander since it is the spanish (from Spain) bank.
In my case I just bring down with me $9999 everytrip that way when they ask about the 10k I just say NO!! :eek3:

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Bill,
I just googled bbva and Bancomer is the sister bank in Mexico. So, a Compass acct here and you can use it at Bancomer.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Bill, go to Bancomer and verify that an account in a Compass bank is more than enough to be able to open an account in Mexico and if so then just make your transfer for less than 10k so there will be no questions about it or better yet ask at Bancomer what are limits for transfer from a USA bank and also at your Compass bank in USA ask them what is the limit before it is suspiciuos and they (Feds) start questioning you.
I think transfer might be easier than transporting any dollar amount with you and risking being caugth with it IMHO

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Bill, go to Bancomer and verify that an account in a Compass bank is more than enough to be able to open an account in Mexico and if so then just make your transfer for less than 10k so there will be no questions about it or better yet ask at Bancomer what are limits for transfer from a USA bank and also at your Compass bank in USA ask them what is the limit before it is suspiciuos and they (Feds) start questioning you.
FEDS! We don't need no stinking FEDS!:-x

InkaRoads

cronopiador
M y T, I believe the majority of us feels the same way:deadhorse: now imagine we are they yellow man and the horse is the.......:eek3: is that consider animal abuse?

C

cactusamigo

Mexico and the US have an agreement that requires all Mexican banks to report accounts held by U.S. citizens to the U.S Internal Revenue Service.