Banditos got shut down??

tiffany

I had some friends at their concert last weekend that said the liquor board kicked everyone out on Saturday night? Apparently they'd been serving underage kids and got caught? Does anyone know anything about this? I've got friends that are down this weekend and said they have a red rope blocking anyone from entering off the street... I hope it isnt true. I liked Banditos but would feel differently about them if this was the case.

ben21

Well Known Member
A bar in Mexico serving underage kids? I'm shocked!

Maybe Roger didn't pay a "tax" that was due to local officials?

tiffany

I don't know about all of that. All I know is after this past weekend, I heard that was the reason their other bar in town closed. Apparently they have no shame serving underage? I know it's Mexico, but as a parent of a teenager, I don't appreciate it either way. I'd be pissed 1. At my son. 2. At the bar/restaurant that had no regard for the law.

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
I don't know about all of that. All I know is after this past weekend, I heard that was the reason their other bar in town closed. Apparently they have no shame serving underage? I know it's Mexico, but as a parent of a teenager, I don't appreciate it either way. I'd be pissed 1. At my son. 2. At the bar/restaurant that had no regard for the law.
Is the legal drinking age in Mexico still 18?

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
Wouldn't be surprised if a hidden or hole in the wall bar in Mexico did that but a nice place like Bandito's would surprise me. What was their other bar in town?I would be upset if that were my kid as its already 3 years before the US drinking age so getting away with any younger is concerning, now that I'm a parent. Thank the good Lord nothing crazy happened to us when we used to cross to Nogales ..... and yep not quite 18. Very different perspective when you're a parent and or a little mature

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
A bar in Mexico serving underage kids? I'm shocked!

Maybe Roger didn't pay a "tax" that was due to local officials?
Unfortunately that's a possibility .... hmmmm. That is such a nice place, hopefully that is not true and they will re-open

tiffany

Wouldn't be surprised if a hidden or hole in the wall bar in Mexico did that but a nice place like Bandito's would surprise me. What was their other bar in town?I would be upset if that were my kid as its already 3 years before the US drinking age so getting away with any younger is concerning, now that I'm a parent. Thank the good Lord nothing crazy happened to us when we used to cross to Nogales ..... and yep not quite 18. Very different perspective when you're a parent and or a little mature
Agreed. Everything changes once you aren't the 16 year old anymore.
Agreed. Everything changes once you become a parent. The sad thing though is that the kids are spending money, and unfortunately some businesses only see that end of it. And they used to own the bar upstairs on 13th street. I don't remember the name. It was across from the Chabelas bar.

Shawno

Well Known Member
Agreed. Everything changes once you aren't the 16 year old anymore.

Agreed. Everything changes once you become a parent. The sad thing though is that the kids are spending money, and unfortunately some businesses only see that end of it. And they used to own the bar upstairs on 13th street. I don't remember the name. It was across from the Chabelas bar.
We saw Roger perform with the Black Moods at Banditos last Saturday night. We didn't see any problems as described above.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tiffany

We saw Roger perform with the Black Moods at Banditos last Saturday night. We didn't see any problems as described above.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

She said it was after the bands finished playing. They were there still hanging out when suddenly everyone was kicked out, and supposedly it was due to the Liquor Board?

ben21

Well Known Member
Of course local officials would shut down the bar who's owner does everything he can to promote Rocky Point through his music, concerts, charity, etc... Makes perfect sense!

chihauhau

Of course local officials would shut down the bar who's owner does everything he can to promote Rocky Point through his music, concerts, charity, etc... Makes perfect sense!
So true as you state of the owners , BUT does that make them above the law ? If this story is true then I commend the Official for not taking a bribe.

azscot

We tried to go to Wrecked at The Reef today (sunday) with our kids. No kids allowed. Waiter said that last Saturday the liquor license people shut them down as their license was a bar license not a restaurant license. Supposedly they had had several warnings and ignored them. Could this be what happened at Banditos?

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
We tried to go to Wrecked at The Reef today (sunday) with our kids. No kids allowed. Waiter said that last Saturday the liquor license people shut them down as their license was a bar license not a restaurant license. Supposedly they had had several warnings and ignored them. Could this be what happened at Banditos?
I have had several occasions where I took my kids there to eat and hang out. They would usually end up going out back play corn hole or whatever game was out there. However, I did notice last time we were there, that they kicked out the kids after 10pm. Which is how a lot of bars are here.

tiffany

My friends said they were at Wrecked, and they were told Wrecked at the Reef has never been shut down, but that they are temporarily unable to allow anyone under 18 in. Maybe they are avoiding any issues similar to those Bandito's and other bars have faced?