Battery

We need to buy just a regular ol' car battery while we're down there. Who would have the least expensive?? Baja 1000 maybe??

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The new Walmart????? Just a thought; I have no idea if they sell batteries in the Bodega in Penasco, but might be worth a check. Walmart here is about as cheap as you'll find a decent battery.

Checker Auto.....oh, that's right, there's no Checker auto in Penasco....yet!

I walked around in the Bodega, but didn't look for automotive stuff. Was not impressed about the variety of stuff they were selling.....even the liquor was limited. More like a glorified Numeros with food.

Julie you can use my charger again if you need to... also you can get batteries fairly cheap at a wholesale place called La Cañada

Thanks guys!! I don't recall seeing them at Bodega, but then again I wasn't looking for one at the time....nice to know. Mark, thanks, but the battery is shot and Bruce wanted to buy one down there, rather than buying one here and hauling it down there. (We're already bringing a brand new converter, LOL!!) He figured it would be cheaper down there as well. Where is La Canada??

Last edited:
Where is La Canada??
It's on the corner of Bocca Negra and the street that La Merced grocery used to be on... just a couple of blocks down from Munoz the upolstery guy... I can show you when you get here... I'll also check it out to see what their prices are...

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
It's on the corner of Bocca Negra and the street that La Merced grocery used to be on... just a couple of blocks down from Munoz the upolstery guy... I can show you when you get here... I'll also check it out to see what their prices are...
Mark, the street is Sonora also 1 block over on Melchor O'Campo the sell rebuilts cheap.

dwig222

We had to buy a battery down there once a few years ago and it was expensive. You're better off buying it here and hauling it down.