Best Seafood Resterant in Rocky Point

IggyAZ

I've spend a little time in Rocky point area and was always looking for a good family style seafood resterant. Not the ones that cater to the tourist but the truly Mexican family resterant at resonable prices.

What have you found and want to tell about it.
Thanks
Iggy in AZ

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I like to drive around and look for restaurants with lots of cars in the parking lot with mexican license plates, that tells you it is mexican driven and the food must be really good as the locals are eating there plus it is truly mexican rather than mexican american, sorry not many names however TerraMar restaurant facing the Old Port across from the sunset cruise boats is very good, I love their fried fish, whole fish no fillets and the service is excelent, mainly college students as waitress/waiters.
As you pass the light at Fremont (Las Conchas light) inmediatelly take a left and right after the speed bump usuually there is a blue pick up truck that sells the cocktails etc. very good and cheap, again mainly locals eat there too!!!

AZ ROB

1 Up on TerraMar I eat there as often as I can and the food is great. Sometimes you get a bad smell from the Marina if the wind isn't blowing the right direction.

Has anybody eaten at Carnachos (Karnachos...sp??) recently???....take a right on Benito Juarez at the former dive shop...the way in to the public launch area....

Roberto

Mary's Coctaleria in the Old Port is very popular with the locals. Right on the water and modestly priced menu. Their seafood platter will serv 4 people easily and yummmmy shrimp.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
#1 Flavio's
#2 Gamma's
#3 Provecho's
#4 That little red Truck
#1 Flavio's = water down bloody marys and bla food
#2 Gamma's = uses really old frying oil
#3 Provecho's = where it is located?
#4 That little red Truck = or the blue one

Playa, como dicen "sobre gustos y colores no han dicho nada los escritores" o sea your choices are as good as any!!

Have to agree on Flavios. Have had too many bad experiences there, which sucks because I used to swear by the place. Nothing scary, although having shrimp cocktail that was almost completely frozen in the bottom half was kind of disturbing.

What is the name of the street TerraMar is on? I'm trying to picture the building.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
.........What is the name of the street TerraMar is on? I'm trying to picture the building.
I believe it is Avenida Darsena between Calle 3 and Calle 4, exactly one block towards town from the steel skeleton gift left by LL facing the Old Port, it is the yellow building right across the street from the Intrepid sunset cruise launching pad and catty corner from the 2 PeMex tanks at the old port, as you go to the fish market about a block before you get to the speed bump there is a sign on the left hand side of the road, take a right turn and you will see it, it is a very short block.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Serve's you right Ed ordering a Bloody Mary there, I only have the campechana with a cold beer and music on weekends. You can always go see Jose play Tom Cruise
u know the movie cocktail at the bar fly's place.

MIRAMAR

Blue Marlin- Homero is from Penasco, trained in Oceanography somewhere in Baja, and at school learned how to smoke meat and make this incredible sauce to go on your amazing Garlic Flounder. Also recommend Shrimp Quesadilla, and there is a two person meal that has a ton of great sea food.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
playa, I get my bloody marys and home anymore, you should try the campechanas at the southwest corner of Sonora and Constitucion across the street from the Cocina economica y la paleteria, to die for and the amount is huge!!! really really good you must bring your own beer!!! if you are going north on Benito Juarez turn right at CFE office and just go 1 or 2 blocks!!!

rplarry

I've spend a little time in Rocky point area and was always looking for a good family style seafood resterant. Not the ones that cater to the tourist but the truly Mexican family resterant at resonable prices.

What have you found and want to tell about it.
Thanks
Iggy in AZ
One of the best places for seafood in all of Rocky Point is MARISCOS EL CONCHAL. Family owned and operated, very clean and the food is fantastic. You know its good because it it always packed with locals. Easy to find, right on Benito Juarez. Here's a link with a photo:

http://www.nileguide.com/destination/puerto-penasco-mexico-74/restaurants/mariscos-el-conchal/1184469

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
One of the best places for seafood in all of Rocky Point is MARISCOS EL CONCHAL. Family owned and operated, very clean and the food is fantastic. You know its good because it it always packed with locals. Easy to find, right on Benito Juarez. Here's a link with a photo:

http://www.nileguide.com/destination/puerto-penasco-mexico-74/restaurants/mariscos-el-conchal/1184469
They are good, probably the best and by far the cleanest in RP. They are next to Pollo Lucas.

mondone

Whitecaps
Blue Marlin- Homero is from Penasco, trained in Oceanography somewhere in Baja, and at school learned how to smoke meat and make this incredible sauce to go on your amazing Garlic Flounder. Also recommend Shrimp Quesadilla, and there is a two person meal that has a ton of great sea food.
Ask for the Neptune dinner for 2. Very good for the price.

R

rashafaa

Where is this to someone who is new to Rocky Point... Can someone post a link to a Google map or something? TerraMar was closed the last time we went down.

Roberto

When you come in to Penasco the highway turns into Benito Juarez, the main road through town. You will pass 4 traffic lights, then watch on the right hand side of Benito Juarez. There are two large palapa restaurants shortly after the 4th light. The first is Lucas Chicken, a very popular roasted chicken place, just next to that on the right hand side of Benito Juarez is Mariscos El Conchal. If you go past the railroad crossing you have gone too far.

MichelleBurris

Promoting Rocky Point R E
I just posted about our experience at Chef Mickey's. The prices were not out of line considering that the meal came with fantastic garlic bread (complete with olive oil and balsamic). Soup or salad and a healthy entree portion (could have split one meal between us). A friend had the Chili Rellino Trio, a large portion, ($9.00) and out of this world good. Lots of seafood dishes to choose from and a nice atmosphere. It is on Freemont Blvd, Plaza de Sol, at the back of the plaza. Park in the rear.

IggyAZ

I just posted about our experience at Chef Mickey's. The prices were not out of line considering that the meal came with fantastic garlic bread (complete with olive oil and balsamic). Soup or salad and a healthy entree portion (could have split one meal between us). A friend had the Chili Rellino Trio, a large portion, ($9.00) and out of this world good. Lots of seafood dishes to choose from and a nice atmosphere. It is on Freemont Blvd, Plaza de Sol, at the back of the plaza. Park in the rear.

I have had dinner there numberious times and left very satisfied. Great Food all around, presentation outstanding, taste fabulious and the prices are resonable on the level that far exceeds all other dinners resterants in RP.
And on top of that.. where does the Chef come out and greet you and ensure you are satisfied.
Chef Mickey ROCKS for that special dinner withyour main squeeze. LOL