Best Shrimp Cocktail (mexican style)

Where is it? I typically go to Mary's or the place with the winding ladder but wanted to venture out and try new ones this time around.

I eat A LOT (as in too much) Mexican style shrimp cocktail when I go to RP cause my wife won't eat shrimp so I don't buy it for home. In my opinion..Flavio's really does have the best (As a note..this has nothing to do with the fact that Flavio's nephew works for me)

BTW, the place with the metal, tight-winding ladder/staircase (not sure if it's still there as they've remodeled) is Coctelería El Perico Marinero.

OR, maybe you mean Senor Amigo's, which is to the right of Perico Maninero, left of Flavios (1st main place as you curve left into the Malecon). Senor Amigo's has a curved concrete staircase but a winding metal ladder/staircase at the 3rd level, which is seldom used these days.

Thanks guys... I'm not sure what the name of the place I usually go but Coctelería El Perico Marinero sounds awfully familiar. I know its just to the right with the metal staircase going upstairs. It's just past mary's right past the statue and up the stairs. Where is flavios?

How about a recommendation for a great Mexican style shrimp cocktail in the Phoenix area????

I've eaten at San Carlos Bay on McDowell/20 St. but haven't had a shrimp cocktail there.....

My daughter is down from the Seattle area helping me out after my hip replacement surgery. We were hoping to run down to Penasco for a short visit before she heads back home the end of the month, but it looks like it won't happen due to schedule constraints.....so we're stuck with something up here.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
How about a recommendation for a great Mexican style shrimp cocktail in the Phoenix area????

I've eaten at San Carlos Bay on McDowell/20 St. but haven't had a shrimp cocktail there.....

My daughter is down from the Seattle area helping me out after my hip replacement surgery. We were hoping to run down to Penasco for a short visit before she heads back home the end of the month, but it looks like it won't happen due to schedule constraints.....so we're stuck with something up here.
La Barquita: Home of the Jefe of the Molcajete - Page 1 - Dining - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times Also on Mcdowell, sell seafood to. Relative of the family that owns La Barca restaurant in Guadalajara.

Thanks Bill....got my post-op appointment next week down in that area....will have to check it out. I may have eaten there a while back, but can't remember based on the name (senility).

There is also a place on 24 St. just south of McD....but when a bunch of us went there for lunch, it was closed that day....the parking lot never has a lot of cars during the day, though.

jerry

I'm coming over Jack...don't shoot!
Yes sir Jerry, that's the way I made it here and it was great.. Next time thinking of a variation, sort of a Bloody Mexican Shrimp Coctail with all those and
a little Vodka, some horseradish and celery salt. Maybe a bunch of Vodka. Wish I had the stuff, I'd make it tonight. Mama's gone.

Yes sir Jerry, that's the way I made it here and it was great.. Next time thinking of a variation, sort of a Bloody Mexican Shrimp Coctail with all those and
a little Vodka, some horseradish and celery salt. Maybe a bunch of Vodka. Wish I had the stuff, I'd make it tonight. Mama's gone.
Thanks Jack...oh, and you too Jerry....

Got a 2 kg block of U-10s from Penasco sitting in the freezer...my daughter was going to make some bacon wrapped shrimp....may have some left over for the shrimp cocktail...but they may be too large!!!

GV Jack

Snorin God
Thanks Jack...oh, and you too Jerry....

Got a 2 kg block of U-10s from Penasco sitting in the freezer...my daughter was going to make some bacon wrapped shrimp....may have some left over for the shrimp cocktail...but they may be too large!!!
Cut them up.. That's what I did.