Big Solar event today

Old55

Well Known Member
Alfonso Durazo will show a variety of projects from the Sonora Clean Energy Plan
The state president said that it is a broad call to present the various aspects of the Sonora Clean Energy Plan , which seeks to be a world benchmark.

Alfonso Durazo: Ambassadors will learn about the Puerto Peñasco photovoltaic plant
As part of the agenda, they will visit the Puerto Peñasco photovoltaic plant that has two thousand hectares of solar panels, which is the largest in Latin America and the seventh largest in the world.

Said photovoltaic plant in Puerto Peñasco has an investment of 1.25 billion dollars and will have the capacity to generate one gigawatt of energy .

However, its objective is to produce five gigawatts through different plants, with a total investment of seven billion dollars.

Sonora Clean Energy Plan attends AMLO projects
Alfonso Durazo recalled that with this Sonora Clean Energy Plan he is addressing a substantial part of the energy policies of President Andrés Manuel López Obrador ( AMLO ).

Lithium and other ways of obtaining energy
The president said that the plan also has the objective of fighting against climate change, for which the aspect of lithium exploitation , the generation of electrical energy from solar energy and the liquefaction of natural gas are not left aside.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
40 to 50 military and National Guard were deployed along the access routes to Sandy Beach as the dignitaries met yesterday afternoon.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
So this sunlight farm is planned for the salt flats from Sandy Beach over to the fake lagoons? Well it's basically worthless property other than naturally flat as a pancake. What happened to the plans for the property east of the airport?

It's all just a pipe dream anyway. A good investment for sure!

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
All this clean energy talk with the dump spewing toxic smoke and possibly contaminating aquifers. Maybe they should invest in a methane generator.

Last edited:

randy and patty

Well Known Member
I thought it was going east of the airport? Some of the pics look like there are already panels. Might have to take a drive that way and see.

richwi

Well Known Member
The solar plant is right next to the airport. We drove by it a few days ago. I have no idea how many solar arrays there are but it is HUGE, as in you have never seen one this big. There are hundred of arrays installed and this is just phase 1.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
The solar plant is right next to the airport. We drove by it a few days ago. I have no idea how many solar arrays there are but it is HUGE, as in you have never seen one this big. There are hundred of arrays installed and this is just phase 1.
That’s what thought I heard.

Old55

Well Known Member
Big deal but
‘environmentalists and the opposition have dismissed the project, known as Plan Sonora after the state where it is located, as a sideshow distracting from a retrograde nationalist energy policy that has prioritized state company CFE and its highly polluting power plants.’