Bird Island boat trip potluck

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hi gang,
Who is bringing what for the Bird Island boat trip potluck? We have plates, cups and utensils covered already and i am bringing sandwich stuff...roast beef, bread and condiments. Please post up so we can be a little bit organized.....Ha Ha! Mark, let me know how many and who have rsvp'd........Do we have Adolfo and one other crew member to feed? Thanks... Chari Ps. I don't think I rsvp'd yet but we are 2.......

cholla

chari, We didn't go last year, but will this one. Where is the potluck? on the boat? afterward? Tell me what you need us to bring and we will.

John

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
On the boat at lunch time. I don't have anything confirmed with anyone yet besides what's above so the slate is wide open.. We usually have sandwiches and chips. Condiments. We feed the crew as they donate their time. You could bring cookies. I'll try and get a number this week...
Chari

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
Being a first timer, how long does the journey last? What should we bring in the beach/boat bag? What kind of boat? Thought it was a sailboat, but might look like a big'un

Hi Gang... Sorry I haven't been around lately... I've been out at sea on a live-aboard the past week and helping with food distribution at the community center today and going back out fishing again tomorrow... I have some disappointing news about the "Pacifica" it needs to be taken out of the water for some maintenance and we will not be able to use it for the island trip...

There is another option... we can use the 60 foot About Time, but the trip would have to be on Monday May 30, 2011...

if you are still interested in going please send me an email ASAP at [email protected] so I can reserve the boat...

Last edited:
Hi we have 3 people that want to go but can't make on Monday.
If things change please let me know. We are open to either Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
DJ, Trip leaves at 8 and comes back 6ish. Bring your suit, fishing gear if you want to fish, scuba and snorkel gear if you wanna do that, drinks and potluck food. The boat is a 60 ft. yacht.....

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
From the vids I've seen, it seems to be partly cloudy... worth a try? We might be into that...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ha Ha, DJ. It's probably been 30 years since I heard that. I still have my albums...AND a turntable that works....Guess I'll have to pull them out when I get back from PP next week.... Thanks for the memories.... 1970.....8th grade......

Anyone know what the chances of getting good visibility for diving bird island is?

Rick
Cholla Bay
even with the winds while we were out on Monday the water looked and stayed pretty clear... the water's usually little cloudy at the island with all the particulates that are floating around, but I don't mind, I get a kick out of diving with the sea lions...