Black and White ball September 30th, what is it?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
This is a little write up on an event that has been marketed primarily to the locals but this year the date of the event has changed and the first Lady wants to invite everyone to this gala which supports the DIF program in Peñasco. Below is copied from Mermaids Market page and explains what this is all about.

DIF Peñasco and the Mermaids

This is a note about the charity that Naomi and I support here in Peñasco as well as Sonoyta. I wanted to share a little as to why we chose this charity, tell a little story about what DIF is and what it does.

First, Mermaid’s Market is going into it’s 5th year here in Puerto Peñasco. It starts up again the 3rd weekend of October and goes through the first week of April. It is great fun and shows the talent that we have here in our little seaside town when it comes to art and the crafts that these artisans can accomplish. Our artists pay a small fee to be with us on those selected Saturdays in the downtown park known as Shrimp Plaza, a portion of that fee is set aside and paid to local DIF twice in the season, once in December and once after our finale in April. We think it makes a difference and we know that DIF appreciates the little bit of support the Mermaids provide.

DIF Peñasco: Our local DIF office (Development of Integral Families) is all about helping locals. One area that this administration is committed to is education. After a lengthy conversation with Linda Pivac de Munro (the first lady of Peñasco) I learned a lot more about what her passion is regarding DIF and it’s activities. As of right now there are 83 low income kids from Puerto Peñasco receiving higher education because of DIF, these students were chosen because of their good grades, drug free and work ethic when it comes to schooling. 8 of these students are in a “student house” in Mexicali and are attending University there. The rent of the house, the utilities and the University, are all paid for by DIF Peñasco.

DIF raises money in several different ways for their programs, many events have a donation to DIF built in. Sonoran Resorts is a big supporter with their Las Vegas Nights program held each year.

The event that raises the most money for the kids at DIF is the annual Black and White Ball. This is a night to dress up and enjoy a fine meal. The proceeds all go to DIF. Below is an invitation to this years Ball which will be held at the Convention Center in Puerto Peñasco on September 30th. I encourage you to get out your best Black and White outfit and join us for this fun evening with great food and incredible musical entertainment. If you happen to buy tickets please let them know that you read about it from the Mermaid’s Market! If you can’t attend the Ball but would like to make a direct contribution to DIF, let me know and I will send you the instructions!

Be sure to visit us at the Mermaid’s Market in Shrimp Plaza the first and the third Saturday each month starting October 21st!
See you at the Ball!​

black and white resized.jpg