Boat Launching from La Pinta Estuary fish camp? (or anywhere else)

avon1.jpgDoes anyone know if the local panganeros allow gringos to launch from that fish camp on the NE shore of La Pinta Estuary? I have recently aquired a 15' Avon RIB and until I can fabricate a trailer for beach launching, I am looking for a convenient place to launch with a 4WD pickup and high, stout trailer. I live on Playa Miramar, so that would probably be closest for me. If not, what other options exist? Would I have to trailer it into town and where would I launch there? Thanks!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I've never launched at La Pinta (my boat is too big and it's too easy to get stuck in the sand), but have seen others launch there. Like all of Mexico, the beach is public, so I wouldn't worry about the pangas, unless you are blocking or restricting their access in some way. In town, you have a choice of the public harbor (near the malecon) or Safe Marina. With an inflatable as you describe, you can launch it nearly anywhere.

Roberto

Agree with Stuart. The pangeros launch there off trailers all the time and some of their tow vehicles are marginal at best. Worst case you get stuck but you know, the pangeros would help pull you out !

Estero

Awesome! I had mine spot welded once I assembled it for a bit more structural integrity. I had a SeaDoo Explorer on the trailer which weighed about 710 lbs. and it was easily launched with my ATV from the beach. I would think the RIB weighs far less than 710 lbs.

seadootrail1.jpg

jerry

View attachment 5429Does anyone know if the local panganeros allow gringos to launch from that fish camp on the NE shore of La Pinta Estuary? I have recently aquired a 15' Avon RIB and until I can fabricate a trailer for beach launching, I am looking for a convenient place to launch with a 4WD pickup and high, stout trailer. I live on Playa Miramar, so that would probably be closest for me. If not, what other options exist? Would I have to trailer it into town and where would I launch there? Thanks!
if you take it to lobos you would get out easy and catch more fish.

I stay in PDO and I don't think the allow non residents to launch
PDO is not the best launch. It is ok for inflatables but I only launch my inflatable there. I take my jet ski to the harbor and for $ 10 bucks they launch and pick me up. The harbor is generally more calm and so easier.