BOAT PICS

TRYING TO POST MULTI PICS[attachment=10:slv2dhvg]IMG_1029.jpg[/attachment:slv2dhvg][attachment=7:slv2dhvg]IMG_1028.jpg[/attachment:slv2dhvg][attachment=6:slv2dhvg]IMG_1027.jpg[/attachment:slv2dhvg][attachment=5:slv2dhvg]IMG_1026.jpg[/attachment:slv2dhvg][attachment=4:slv2dhvg]IMG_1025.jpg[/attachment:slv2dhvg][attachment=3:slv2dhvg]IMG_1024.jpg[/attachment:slv2dhvg][attachment=2:slv2dhvg]IMG_1023.jpg[/attachment:slv2dhvg][attachment=1:slv2dhvg]IMG_1022.jpg[/attachment:slv2dhvg][attachment=0:slv2dhvg]IMG_1021.jpg[/attachment:slv2dhvg]
Bill

Attachments

don

Wow!
Beautiful job on the boat. :boat: You should be extremely proud of her. Bet you can't wait to take her to RP!
Don

Re: LOOKING FOR IDEAS

I have a problem of where to locate the combo unit and need some ideas. The windshield has to much slope to install it on the dash. If I install in front of the dash behind the wheel then the instruments are not visible. The only idea I have is to build an aluminum tall tee top with an electronics box.
We will be headed for RP on Sunday with the 5th wheel and next week the boat goes down.
We are planning to go down for 3 or 4 days every week for a large portion of the winter.
Don't Worry, Be Happy
Bill

don

Would it be possible to extend your dash top towards your seat/steering wheel and mount your unit on that extension? It looks like you may have to raise that extension so instead of remaining parallel with the top, it may have to have a slight rise to it.

B

bahiatrader

I had somewhat the same problem with one of my boats that had a cockpit similar to yours. Difficult choice. I was thinking about re-designing the dash to fit the fish finder screen in. While I was in the hospital, my buddy who was using the boat mounted the fishfinder on the passenger side of the dash with the screen facing towards the driver. It didn't really interfere with anything view-wise, and it wasn't really that bad to glance over at it. I got used to it.

Kelney

My thoughts are similar to Don's. That blue vinyl looking piece that is near your console, is it rigid? If so, I would attach some type of extension to the right corner area to get it somewhat out of your way. Attach the unit to the extension piece. If that will not work then your wife will need to hold it for you :D

I agree with happy, having it up in an electronics box will not work well as you will not be able to read it as constantly as you would like. For example, when you are heading to a reef, the tide and wind wants to push you off course so you are constantly making adjustments in your course as your GPS directs you.