Boat Storage?

R

rmiller

Does anyone know of any safe in/out covered boat storage in RP. Or, somewhere that can store a boat and have them launch it so that I don't need to drive down in a truck each time I want to use it?

A

azbeachboy

I store my trailer with Ruben at Whale Hill. I know he has boats also. I'll look for the number...

Hello Robert. You can find many boat storage provider in RP. Most of the self storage providers offer indoor storage space so that you need not to drive down your truck each time. Go here self storage Wynnum West to find affordable self storage services.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
2nd on Whale Hill. Ruben does have some new boat houses that are pretty nice. $100 a month, if there are any still open with electricity and water. Open storage in the lot runs about $40 a month. He does have an older diesel truck that Jose can use to pull your boat over for launch, although I always tow my boat over and back.

dmcauley

Safe marine is the only place I know of that will also launch your boat so as not to need a truck, the other places mentioned you will need your truck to haul it to Safe. You will need to have your own cover

Speaking of launching, is the launch area near the old port open for self-launching? If I do that can I park my truck and trailer there and be reasonably sure it will have all tires on when I get back? (truck has lug nit locks and I'll probably get those for the trailer too). How about Cholla Bay, same questions. We are going down in February and I an thinking about taking my boat (22 footer) but not sure if I will yet. It all depends on what the fishing is like and the weather of course.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I used to launch at the public harbor, but it's been years. Many locals launch pangas, jet skis, and smaller boats there. I don't know about parking there these days. Never had any issues in the past, but I stopped using the public harbor once they built the steel beam monstrosity because it really cut into the available space and it got very crowded. They should just knock that structure down and recycle it. It's my understanding it will never be finished because it's not level.

You can have you boat lanched for you in Cholla for 15 dollars. You call the launch vehicle on the radio and they pick your boat up at your garage and put it back when your done fishing. I have some enclosed garages availible that are 24' deep 14' wide and 14' tall for rent. Private message me for more info.

Last edited:
You can have you boat lanched for you in Cholla for 15 dollars. You call the launch vehicle on the radio and they pick your boat up at your garage and put it back when your done fishing. I have some enclosed garages availible that are 24' deep 14' wide and 14' tall for rent. Private message me for more info.

VHF radio? what channel? Thanks for the offer on storage but I will be able to park at the place we are staying. for some reason PPTalk is causing me some difficulties posting and/or emailing. If you can try to PM me maybe I can reply.

$15 to launch, Wow, Villa has been ripping me off ($20) to put my jet ski in and I bring it to the launch. Who are you guys using?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
$15 to launch, Wow, Villa has been ripping me off ($20) to put my jet ski in and I bring it to the launch. Who are you guys using?

Shit, I've known Villa for 15 years and now that I'm disabled he helps me out loading/unloading the kayak but I give him at least $10 for his time. Even though it literally takes 1 minute!

kw812

We've always launched our own boat at the public launch in the Malecon. Can you launch your own boat at Cholla Bay? Is there parking for a truck and trailer? Thanks for your help.

You can self launch or if the tractor is working they will launch for you. I pay $ 15.00 for them to do it all. I pull up and the remove the trailer, I park,they launch.
When I come back in I make a couple of rounds in the bay and they come down and pick me up.
they re attach the trailer. The old guy was a lot better than the new young guy. You have to push him to
do the work but he will. If you self launch they still try to charge you to park. I give him $10.00 just so I know my stuff is secure.
We njust traded in my Jeep and bought a dodge 2500 4 x4, but I will still let them do it as I don't even have to get my feet wet. After you launch there a few times they get to know you and they work better with you.

RobRyberg

Is this thread still open? I am trying to locate somewhere to store and then have access to In/Out. Would ideally like someone that can do basic maintenance also (make sure its charged and not broken into, etc). I have a 25 ft Bayliner Ciera. Any ideas?

Safe Marina is the best way to go.

We pull my Sea Pro 23.5 WA down and back from Yuma at least once a month. We go directly to SM, unhitch and head to our condo at El Mirador. I get up in the morning, drive two blocks and look at the sea conditions. If it's a go, we load up beer, ice and snacks and head over to SM. They launch the boat, we tie up to the dock, check everything out and go out and kill a bunch of fish. They have a great dock to load and unload. They pull you back in, offer to PROFESSIONALLY clean your fish, flush your engines and wash down your boat. They are totally secured with 24/7 live humans on site. When we head back home to Yuma they are my last stop to hookup my rigs and vamoose. They have several GOOD mechanics and a complete shop on site. I have had them do some excellent welding repairs to my trailer while we were out fishing. The boat storage is all open but most people have their boats covered. You can ask one of the guys about the canvas man who will make you a cover on site. They do charge for long term boat storage and by the day for your truck. The daily fee for launch, retrieve and 24 hour storage is only $25.00 for the boat and trailer. It's $5.00 a day for your vehicle, $5.00 for a fresh water engine flush and the boat wash down depends on the size of the boat. The ONLY negative comment that I can make is about the G*D D****D PELICAN POOP. The beggars love to roost on the railings and squirt about a quart of liquid limestone every time the get the urge. I'm still looking for a solvent that will dissolve that crap off of gelcoat. We always give the guys some fish and a good tip. Don't forget to save a little for the guard cat.

Later,

JJ

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Safe Marine is a good option (short term) and I also always launch there. However, there are much cheaper places to store your boat if your plan is to leave it there for awhile. Safe Marine charges long term storage by the foot, based on the length of your trailer. Whale Hill is a much cheaper option and it's a short tow (not even a mile) to take your boat out of storage and launch it at Safe Marine. About $40 a month for basic storage; more (about $100) if you want covered storage, kind of a mini boat house. Very safe, never had any issues.