Boomer Fest Press Release

Roberto

Be nice if it would happen but I think at this point it is not a schedule of events as much as it is a wish list. 24 famous musicians and comics without naming a single one ??!!

Kenny

Be nice if it would happen but I think at this point it is not a schedule of events as much as it is a wish list. 24 famous musicians and comics without naming a single one ??!!
Kind of like the poster that was made up for the first Sprint Car race.

OK....I'm all for any good publicity and business that gets brought into Penasco, but looking at one of the posters...acts from the 60's, 70's and 80's???? What would that make those from the 60's (sorry GV Jack, if you're reading this!)? Assuming (yeah, that nasty term), that they were in their 20s, they'd be in their 70's now???????

Roberto

Seems to me that you would have to have a contract in hand to actually name an entertainer and there would have to be money change hands to get the commitment from the talent, so ticket sales in this case is sort of like pre-selling the unbuilt condos, but with no floorplan or design ! Unless of course the promotor has very deep pockets.

What does anyone know about Boomer Fests ? Have there been others elsewhere? It will be interesting to see if anyone picks up that press release for a story as it came out of one of those internet press release services.

Roberto

I googled Boomerfest and came up with free events in communities to provide information for retirees it seemed to me. Nothing like this event.

This thing is falling apart before it even gets started. What happened to the "major press release on September 14"? I am anxious to see how they plan to attract 70,000+ to the Mexican desert and how they arrived at a projected $45,000,000.00 cash infusion into the local economy.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
The major press release was on yahoo. There's a link to it in the first post on this thread.

Roberto

Maybe it's their marketing strategy, like the Camel toe tried. You know secret place or event and the people go into a frenzy to find it and attend. There's a bar up in AZ, the Hideaway, that apparently had success with this strategy.

It's cool, I understand how complicated booking bands can be, coordinating venues and tour schedules to make it cost-effective, but I'm sure the traveling to Mexico part of it adds even more issues.

joester

2 salty dawgs
I hope that this festival comes to fruition - goodness knows that PP could use a positive financial impact and some good press. however, most festivals are booking out about 1 year in advance, especially those which are held annually in the same location. This being a new festival, it would make sense that just over 7 months away bands are not yet confirmed as there would only be promoter money available at this time. let's see what develops in the next month or 2, there should be some definite bands and announcements if this truly is going to happen at any scale close to what is advertised. I'm going to keep a positive, hopeful thought about this event :)

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
@joester, my understanding is that there is an account with 10.1 million seed money for the talent way ahead of the ticket sales. This group appears to be a machine.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Please keep us posted as to any advance info regarding how to get an RV space with hookups :)
website says tickets for sale in November.