Border crossing

kahunito

Came through south yesterday round 4:30. Was worried would be a wait being friday. Both lanes open with two vehicles in each. one truck already being checked. Everyone else waved through easy peasy. Lone military guy nods and waves us past. Half a kilometer down the road one car pulled over and another policia car just parked. Put odo into kilometers and respetamos el limite de velocidad. 3 or 4 policia on foot at the alto in the tree in the middle of town. Made sure did the 3 second stop. No problemo. Can see how easy it would be to just roll through when there is a few cars in front of you. Reminds me of pedestrian heavy areas in most any town. Out on the open road and set odo at 80 KMH not Mph. Got passed like we were standin still several times but whatever. 3 state policia before the bridge. They just gestured to keep it slow and waved us through. Now here in our magic place and looking for dolphins while posting this. Everyone have a great weekend!

Shell

Came through south yesterday round 4:30. Was worried would be a wait being friday. Both lanes open with two vehicles in each. one truck already being checked. Everyone else waved through easy peasy. Lone military guy nods and waves us past. Half a kilometer down the road one car pulled over and another policia car just parked. Put odo into kilometers and respetamos el limite de velocidad. 3 or 4 policia on foot at the alto in the tree in the middle of town. Made sure did the 3 second stop. No problemo. Can see how easy it would be to just roll through when there is a few cars in front of you. Reminds me of pedestrian heavy areas in most any town. Out on the open road and set odo at 80 KMH not Mph. Got passed like we were standin still several times but whatever. 3 state policia before the bridge. They just gestured to keep it slow and waved us through. Now here in our magic place and looking for dolphins while posting this. Everyone have a great weekend!

Shell

Oops. So the border is open. Just told by someone it was closed until March 31st. From Az. Gila Bend way. I can’t wait to get there again. Have a wonderful time.

Last edited:

kahunito

Yes the border is open! I believe has been all year as tourism was deemed essential. Most places will do a temp check and but health protocols are in place.