Border Report for 5/8/11

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Got a little of a late start out of RP at 10:10am. Got to the border, was the 10th car in line and hardly no wait. It looks like the additions to the port of entry are almost complete. I used lane number 1, which is one of the new lanes. The Customs agent wasnt too bad. He wasnt a dick so that made it nice. There wasnt any questions about why I was handicap or why I was in Mexico by myself for 6 days or why I had a 24 pack of Coca-Cola in the front seat. Was back on the road inside AZ at 11:10am. First checkpoint was practically a waive through and the second the CBP guy was actually really nice and was asking about my JJ's No Sniveling license plate. Pretty smooth sailing the whole way home. Decided to ditch the I-10 west in favor of the back way through Maricopa that I almost always used to use. Remembered why, no traffic and was home to North Phoenix at 2:10pm with only stop in Sonoyta for gas and Gila Bend for Burger King. See ya'll again in a couple of weeks.

Much as I prefer Bugger King to McD's....I avoid the one in Gila Bend...got food poisoning there on one of my trips down to Penasco about 4 years ago!!!! Should have known something was wrong....the burger shouldn't have had the gritty taste to it.....

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hey Joe, thats pretty funny you should say that because Im pretty sure I got food poisoning yesterday. I had the worst stomach pain in my life last night and I dont want to tell the rest....

It's one thing to get it when you are home....but I ruined a perfectly good weekend in Penasco that time....spent the night hugging the toilet, and the next day curled up in bed with cramps....

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
Departure Taxi-ing

We left town after a fuel up at 1215pm. Reached the border to about 25 cars... curses! 35 min wait. Used newer far left lane, no hassles, but cute wife does help. Claimed a bott Ltr and we were on our way. Decided not to eat till we got back. Other than iced coffee and a PeeetStop at MccyD's its hard to order anything else there. Record time return, 4:22 mins. Never goes that fast heading down!

The ONLY bank in AJO is the National Bank of AZ who was going through a complete remodel and ATM Machine switch out. Oops! No Cash! ACK. I'll have to get used to getting pesos in mPuerto Penasco MX Siete de Mayo 238.jpgex anyway. Mayan Palace rejected: US cash, Discover and wait for it... wait for it... GringoExpress!

And of course the waiter also let us knowPuerto Penasco MX Siete de Mayo 196.jpg that the 10% surcharge goes to the house not the servers... hmmmm, need to verify all that. AND, he didn't say anything about US cash tips eh?:twisted:Puerto Penasco MX Siete de Mayo 201.jpg

Last edited: