Break Ins

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
rockyptjoe hit it on the head, it is the economy that makes these thing happen with more regularity. It is sad and it is maddening that people steal, but the lazy have always resorted to stealing when things get tough.

Jill we will keep our eyes open for your stuff. We will always do what we can to help our neighbors here.

playaperro

El Pirata
am very sad to have to tell that my store Consign & Desgn was broken into last night, Thurs. that is. My Compaq, desk top computer was stolen as well as my Lexmark printer/copier/fax. there was nearly all of the jewelry that was consigned with us and some cash taken. I am hoping that this email will alert the possibility of my computer being sold on the street. It is less than a yr old as is the Lexmark machine. Things have been so slow that this a huge blow for me at this time. Any help with this situation will be a hugely appreciated. I am also interested in finding another one if anyone has one for sale. Please contact me at 638-110-6121, or email me. I am slightly out of touch but will hope to be back in the game soon. Thank you all for taking the time to read this bad news note.

Tu Amiga, Jill Mitchell
Hmmmmm, Sounds like another inside Job to me. I wonder who the HANDY MAN is, or who's crew is cleaning Jill's Place

First time our place was broke in to (35+yrs,ago), the "person" who helped, became our friend and caretaker...now he is claiming(stealing) our house!!
While I know people on the forum will help, just be careful.

Playaperro,
Your implications are I suspect based on nothing...
The police caught 4 lower life forms occupying an empty building around the corner from Consign & Design. They are suspected of the break in.
Puerta Privada has a night watchman again, so this should ease the situation, at least on that block.
2 pesos
Caracolera

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Playaperro,
Your implications are I suspect based on nothing...
The police caught 4 lower life forms occupying an empty building around the corner from Consign & Design. They are suspected of the break in.
Puerta Privada has a night watchman again, so this should ease the situation, at least on that block.
2 pesos
Caracolera
Playa's implications are based on fact. In Las Conchas, there are many stories of a certain individual just happening to "show up" after break-ins - offering to "help"...even at 3 in the morning. Speaks for itself.

Mentiras, etc....
Is that what happened in THIS case? In Old Port, not Las Conchas...? It would be nice to hear from Jill on this.
Regards

P.S. Mentiras, etc.
While I totally sympathize with your situation, your ax is gettting duller instead of sharper as you grind.

playaperro

El Pirata
P.S. Mentiras, etc.
While I totally sympathize with your situation, your ax is gettting duller instead of sharper as you grind.
Defenceless people rounded up because they had no home. What did they have at the time of their arrest. Where they hungry maybe in jail
they able to eat.

fasteddy

Sheryl,
After reading what happened to you in your thread, I hate to say I
find this one funny. what's the ole saying, what goes around......

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Sheryl,
After reading what happened to you in your thread, I hate to say I
find this one funny. what's the ole saying, what goes around......
Yea, it's all fun and games to some until somebody gets poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

We were just having a little fun with Fatboy...never did we not take Jill's problems seriously. Hernandez used to tell us it was always the Americans who broke into our house...the other stories are from other people...I was wrong about the time on that one, it was 2 a.m., not 3 a.m. Seems no matter what time it was, he just "happened" to be around to "fix" it. Thought some true scenarios might help others keep an open mind, and not always point fingers at the "low lifes" who just happen to live nearby.

Jill, have you had any success in getting your property back?

Kenny

Hey...we all feel bad for you....my rv was broken into several months ago...had several things stolen....and everything thrown about....my neighbor in the same park had 2 computers stolen a month or so before my breakin....the bad economy is bringing out the worst in some people.
I agree with you to some extent Joe, but if you remember a lot of thefts occurred during the "boom" as well. There was a big influx of single men and transients looking for work, not only from all over Mexico, but the countries below as well. Chuck can tell you that the beach around his trailer in the old spot had a completely different atmosphere, especially at night, with the transients sleeping and drinking in that area during the "boom".

Kenny

Last edited:
Kenny....I remember the change in the "feel" when I used to stay at Playa Bonita when the condos were being built....stuff started "walking off" if you left it outside at night, or even during the day....where before, i didn't even lock the trailer when I went down to the water.....but you didn't see the breakins like you're seeing now.... then again, I didn't stay over by PDO in those days. I have to say that Playa Bonita had much better security then you see at PDO or San Rafael!!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
.......Jill, have you had any success in getting your property back?
Sheryl, you say your sister has the big heart!!!, some people should learn from this one to stay quiet when they do not know what is going on or try to put themselves in someone elses shoes to see how it feels!!
Cheerio!!

PS: I just finish re-reading your thread in "real estate", I believe this could be small example of how karma works!!

porque lo quizo el destivirino!!!:rofl:

A

azbeachboy

In San Juan trailer park you had one of the few roads going down to the beach. Usually, starting at sunset the locals started showing up to drink and party. They would break bottles and leave all kinds of trash behind.
I left a small window open during the day and had a break in. At night I'd lock my table and chairs up with a cable. My neighbors lost stuff they left outside every trip. It was really getting bad when they closed down.

In the summer of 08, we had stuff stolen from our site at night (PDO). My husbands tool box, our stereo, a case of CDs.........we had never before locked things up or put things inside the RV because nothing had ever happened in all the years prior. Needless to say, that has changed.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
As much as we hate to see our little slice of paradise change, it is part of progress and as we know with progress also comes higher crime rates!! and less space on the beach for everybody so take advantage now that is slow and enjoy the last of it 'cause the tourists are coming!!