Burros Longos 'Mimi' (Calle 26 / No Reeleccion)

I know Longos has been mentioned in other threads but they seem to refer to a place over by Bryan's on the east side- not sure exactly where. I'm not sure if this is a 2nd location from the same owner, or totally unrelated- maybe some one 'in the know' can confirm. But anyway, this review refers to the small stand that is right next to the OXXO on No Reeleccion near the railroad tracks.
Its my 2nd trip there- 1st time we ate back at the condo, and this time we brought them back to AZ to reheat for dinner. They're 40 pesos apiece and a pretty solid size. This time we got a carne asada & a deshebrada con papas (shredded beef w/ potatoes). Both were absolutely fantastic! (same as the first time we went) Only small negative was that the 'to go' salsa baggies were pretty small and we didn't realize till we got home- next time I'd ask for a few extras. Anyway, fantastic food and we'd definitely go back. It's be good if someone could clear up any relation between this place and the other location that has been mentioned.
BURROS LONGOS.jpg
BURROS LONGO2.jpg

mis2810

I go there at least once every time I'm down and we ALWAYS take 3 or 4 home with us. The BEST carne asada burros anywhere! A half of a burro is good for one meal. True about the salsa bags, though. They are pretty small. Which salsa do you like? The darker one or the more orange one? I love the darker one!

You're right, the carne asada in particular was spectacular. I like both salsas, it was just that I really couldn't really compare them as much as I wanted to since the portions were small and I was rationing them out between me and my wife! It seemed the orange one was spicier, but the darker one was a bit more flavorful. Next time I'm gonna ask for extra salsa and do a more in-depth taste test!

playaperro

El Pirata
The one on fremont by Bryan's is called the original, Did you by chance get the number of the one you frequent, they're is also one on Benito Juarez just south of sams, I think that one is #4, I'm a taco person, but Pollo Lucas and Longos are driving me away from the fries , Opps not Mexican....

playaperro

El Pirata
You're right, the carne asada in particular was spectacular. I like both salsas, it was just that I really couldn't really compare them as much as I wanted to since the portions were small and I was rationing them out between me and my wife! It seemed the orange one was spicier, but the darker one was a bit more flavorful. Next time I'm gonna ask for extra salsa and do a more in-depth taste test!
The darker salsa is called quemada.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
The one on Benito Juarez in front of the banamex is #2, Quesadillas con carne asada, aguacate, chile verde y salsita..!! riquisimas,burros longos.jpg

Had breakfast here Friday. All I can say is that is one huge burrito and was it tasty. Very busy place but worth the short wait.