buying a Mercury motor from S. Asia

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
I am looking at a 60 hp 4 stroke Mercury outboard motor from a company in South West Asia. It has an International warranty. I am contacting the local Rocky Point warranty repair guy to confirm that he will do the Warranty work. If he does I can buy a 2015 motor EFi for $ 3537.00 plus $ 185.00 . It includes a priop and controls. In the original box with a satisfaction warranty . No freight refund and return freight by buyer. Company is outboardmotorsale.com. Even if there are a few problems I don't see a problem considering the price diferencial. I also will only be using it down here in PP
Anyone have any history with this Company
What do you think. Plese no dumb responses

Shawno

Well Known Member
I am looking at a 60 hp 4 stroke Mercury outboard motor from a company in South West Asia. It has an International warranty. I am contacting the local Rocky Point warranty repair guy to confirm that he will do the Warranty work. If he does I can buy a 2015 motor EFi for $ 3537.00 plus $ 185.00 . It includes a priop and controls. In the original box with a satisfaction warranty . No freight refund and return freight by buyer. Company is outboardmotorsale.com. Even if there are a few problems I don't see a problem considering the price diferencial. I also will only be using it down here in PP
Anyone have any history with this Company
What do you think. Plese no dumb responses
Looks like a scam. Do they accept credit cards?
https://www.boatsales.com.au/news/2016/ed-itm-56673/fraudulent-suzuki-outboard-sales-in-australia/

Shawno

Well Known Member
Online shoppers should:
  • only purchase from well-established reputable online retailers;
  • be wary of online retailers who accept bank transfers as their only method of payment;
  • use secure online payment systems. Look for a padlock and https:/ in the web address when entering financial information to make sure your details are secure;
  • be wary of websites selling goods well below market prices; and
  • do an internet search of the website/business name to get comments and reviews from other consumers who have used the same site.