Buying Booze on Sunday

I know this is posted somewhere but can't find it.

I am aware there are no liquor sales on Sundays in RP or during election time or other government actions.
We are planning on traveling down on July 18th.
Does anyone know what time the UETA store in Lukeville opens on Sundays...or if they are open at all? As I understand from a recent post, they are giving you a number hat for your vehicle if you purchase there and then giving you your merch after you cross. I just need to know if I would have any problems buying beer or tequila there on a Sunday morning...possibly around 10:30-11:00. I just want to get an early start (driving) to try and beat the heat crossing the desert. Additionally, does anyone know any Government reason (elections or otherwise) I would not be able to purchase my usual beer/tequila while I am there? We will be there 18-23. Have not gone down this late in July before.

Last edited:
are you sure about Super Ley? One year we went, I tried to buy some rum on a Sunday after 10 and they said no-way-no
did something change?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
As far as I know you can buy alcohol in Sunday, as long as you do it after the waiting period or time they have, just like in USA, if earlier than an specific time you can not buy it either

I should have said that we were told 8:00 a.m at Reggies...............we tried to buy beer at 7:30 before going on a boat trip and were told no sales until 8:00.