Charles Bowden on the Mexican drug war

jerry

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/14/charles_bowden_murder_city_ciudad_jurez

Three things are keeping mexico stable and our property safe:
Mexican oil money runs out in 10 years
25 billion dollar poor people to poor people direct remittance from illegal workers in the US
Profits from the drug trade

The war that employs cops,prison guards,lawyers and funeral directors is killing Mexico and may soon effect our investments.Same goes for the war on illegal workers.With oil running out we need the cartels and the illegal workers for everyones own good.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Jerry, I do not really know who C Bowden is, he has some truth to his story but and at the same time it seem like he have some numbers that seem exagerated, then again who could verify does number, same was in Peru in the late 60's and early 70's people will desapear or just kill on the hands of the army or police and there was nothing we, the people, could do unless you wanted a bullet too, but then again that and many other things are what diffirienciate?sp third world countries to the more advance countries, what would you call them? what I call them are the ones that have the money and resources to cover thier tracks and make it look peachy but still do the same attrocities that third world countries do, not as open but still the same.
He is right saying that the only way to win the war in drugs is to stop the demand from the biggest user, USA, people need to open their eyes and realized that at least 50% of people might be using drugs not as drug addicts but many baby boomers do it as their part of life and they are not violet people or bad people many are productive citisens of society and they now how to keeping very quiet and even talk down on it to keep their covers, I know a few of them in high power position but does not affect how they do their job, so like anything you have your have and have nots.
Imagine all the people.......J.L.
IMHO

Last edited:

jerry

not sure what to make of ur post
Sorry Russ my point was a little unclear. I think Mexico is in real trouble(us too) if we don't ignore the drug war(thus keeping the money flowing) and we need to allowing workers to come to the states(they then send money home) otherwise mexico could blow up....us with it

Kenny

Sorry Russ my point was a little unclear. I think Mexico is in real trouble(us too) if we don't ignore the drug war(thus keeping the money flowing) and we need to allowing workers to come to the states(they then send money home) otherwise mexico could blow up....us with it
I get it!... We should all start using vast quantities of smuggled drugs from Mexico to save their economy as the oil dries up, while hiring as many illegals as possible so they can send the money out of our country, kind of like our corporations do.
So now when we bend over, which direction should we face Jerry?