Charters

All,

I'm taking down a group of 7 of my co-workers (most of which who have never been to RP) for a weekend in Sept and was thinking of taking them on a 1/2 day charter trip. I found two places from searching this board:

1. “Pelican” (the captain is Jaimez) – 662-171-2129
This number doesn't seem to be in service any longer, anyone know the new number?

2. “Rocky Point Fishing Club”
They offer a 38 feet Bayliner that goes out 10 miles for 6 hours, for $550 for the eight people
Has anyone used this place and is the price reasonable?

Any other recommendations?

Thx,

Terry

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Charters can be hit or miss as the players change often. I used to know many of the Capts, as I fished often and chatted with them regularly, but have been out of the loop for a bit. Most don't go far as gas is expensive, and you can generally expect to catch a lot of triggerfish, with some sand bass and an occasional pinto thrown in for good measure.

If your expectations take this into account up front, you can still have a fun time!

Charters can be hit or miss as the players change often. I used to know many of the Capts, as I fished often and chatted with them regularly, but have been out of the loop for a bit. Most don't go far as gas is expensive, and you can generally expect to catch a lot of triggerfish, with some sand bass and an occasional pinto thrown in for good measure.

If your expectations take this into account up front, you can still have a fun time!
Good point - I think if these guys even get lots of triggers they would be happy - most of them haven't fished much and RP fishing is much better than the little bit of freshwater fishing they have experienced in AZ...hopefully if they have good time I can drag them down to lobos sometime in the future. :)