Chef Mickey on Fremont

IggyAZ

I have been a follower of Chef Micky for a few years now and always enjoyed his up scale dinners.
He used to have a place in the resort village but the location on Fremont is a nice romantic setting.
His steaks are fabulious and actually everything that arrives at your table is beautiful and tasteful.

I may not write well enough to express the meals I have had there but it is not a every night spot but really for a special gathering, birthday, anniverary etc. Mignon are a modest $17 and are fixed many different ways. I had Mignon Marsala in a super wine sauce, with green beans, muschrooms, special mashed potatoes and a nice salad. My wife had stuffed shrimp. The total bill came to $42 which I felt was very reasonable for this upscale dinner.

Oh Chef Mickey is one of the Iron Chefs of Mexico and in January won more for his shrimp. Not sure about the details but maybe others can step up and tell us what they know.

Hope you have a chance to stop and try it.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Iggy, where on Fremont is this? I go up and down the street about four times a day and had no idea that was there.

Thanks for the info.

tortuga

It is in the back of Plaza del Sol which is across Fremont and about 3 blocks east of Don Julio's. Parking is in the back.

dwig222

We almost ate there the last time we were down. I wish we had. It's just hard to know exactly what they serve or the prices if they don't have a web site. We did drive by and it's tucked in there but there is a sign. We saw several American license plates but it was hard to know if they were for the restaurant or some other business in that building. Sounds like a good place. We've been looking for a good filet mignon dinner down there since Portofino closed. Spread the word!