Cholla Bay Trash

Bob Oso

So the wife and my MIL do a quick couple day turn around to take care of property taxes, check on the cabin and a little R&R. Everything has gone well and it's time to head home. As has been in the past, they loaded up the heafty bags to dump off at the garbage corral, right across from the police hut. The guy that usually helps isn't there so they decide to unload it themselves and leave it behind the chain running across the entrance.

Suddenly up pulls a guy in this pickup telling my wife to put the garbage back into her car and take it somewhere else, or run the risk of being arrested. Wasn't mean about, but wasn't too nice about it either. After some time the guys finally tells her that garbage is now being pick-up at the residence. I guess this guys beef is that Rocky Point is doing this and he's against the tax or surcharge or whatever is going to come along with it. Any other Chollaians have handle on what the scoop is with this.

BTW, what happened to the community specific posting threads?

I dropped a bag off on my way out of Cholla 3 weeks ago, Nobody there, I went into the yard and tossed it in the trailer. No problem.
Same guys are collecting the trash at homes in Cholla, I said Hi, when they picked up at my house.

Apparently the association is at odds with the city over trash pickup. This is going to get ugly for the HOA. There is information on the HOA site.

I dropped a bag off on my way out of Cholla 3 weeks ago, Nobody there, I went into the yard and tossed it in the trailer. No problem.
Same guys are collecting the trash at homes in Cholla, I said Hi, when they picked up at my house.
Saturday there was a chain link fence around the trash area and signs saying no dumping. On Wednesday when I came in there was a huge pile of trash just south of the collection area.

jerry

So the wife and my MIL do a quick couple day turn around to take care of property taxes, check on the cabin and a little R&R. Everything has gone well and it's time to head home. As has been in the past, they loaded up the heafty bags to dump off at the garbage corral, right across from the police hut. The guy that usually helps isn't there so they decide to unload it themselves and leave it behind the chain running across the entrance.

Suddenly up pulls a guy in this pickup telling my wife to put the garbage back into her car and take it somewhere else, or run the risk of being arrested. Wasn't mean about, but wasn't too nice about it either. After some time the guys finally tells her that garbage is now being pick-up at the residence. I guess this guys beef is that Rocky Point is doing this and he's against the tax or surcharge or whatever is going to come along with it. Any other Chollaians have handle on what the scoop is with this.

BTW, what happened to the community specific posting threads?
Bob I asked Stewart that same question....(area postings) not sure he understood they have gone poof

Interesting, since a portion of the Cholla HOA fee collected, pays for trash pick up, see how this plays out.
Sounds like the previous refuse contractor is out.

From the Cholla HOA.
The HOA and the City of Penasco with the help of Gus Brown and the team at SBR have reached an agreement to proceed with the City servicing the community of La Cholla in removing the garbage.
To that end, on Tuesday, May 12th at 10:00 AM at the clubhouse, The Director of OOMISLIM office will come out to discuss the plan, how they will implement the plan, options for payment, and then sign up those that desire to start garbage pick up at this time.
Again, on Saturday, May 23rd at 10:00 AM at the clubhouse, they will return and “sign up” homeowners that come down on the weekends or could not make the Tuesday meeting.
I assume that those that cannot make either meeting or will not be down for some time, will be able to go to the OOMISLIM office at their convenience when they return.
I want to thank Gus Brown and his team for all of their efforts in helping to keep La Cholla a clean place to enjoy our little piece of paradise.
Mike Dugan - President Cholla HOA.

In my city, we have municipal waste dumpsters for people who have a lot of trash. There is a fee each month to use it, but anyone can throw their trash in any public dumpster. We also have private businesses that rent big dumpsters for businesses that have a lot of trash. They pay a lot more money, but they get to use the dumpster and the service alone. Do not use their dumpsters because they are marked. A piece of gum wrapper or something else would not get the owner's attention, but a lot of trash would get you in trouble. Some of these private dumpsters even have locks on the lids to keep people from getting in.