Cholla Bay water and sewer update

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Here is an update on the long overdue water and sewer improvements in Cholla.
Sounds like, they took the money and Don't hold your breath.
Has anyone noticed any construction activity on the Esmerelda happening?

This is quoted from the April Cholla HOA meeting minutes.
Quote"Mr. Dugan gave a brief history of the contract the HOA had with SBR. Under the Master Deed of Trust there was a property called Fraction 3 that was to be set aside as collateral for a loan in order to complete the infrastructure for Cholla. When the recession hit, there was no bank that would lend money for the loan. Somewhere around 2008, President of the HOA, Bucky Maud entered an agreement with Reyal Taylor (then the Vice President of SBR) to use the profits from the sale of Esmerelda condo units, to finish the infrastructure in Cholla. Two months ago the Esmerelda was sold. Mr. Dugan contacted the Company and asked when the water and sewer project to Cholla would be started. He was told the profits from the sale went to pay off other Company’s obligations and that the property, Fraction 3 had already been released by the Government. Mr. Dugan then asked for a copy of the release to present this information to the Homeowners. He told SBR that if a copy cannot be produced then the property is still being held for completion of the infrastructure. He then suggested that if there is any activity on the property, an embargo should be filed by the HOA before anything is done, to ensure that the Community gets what it’s entitled to. As of now no copy has been provided."

jerry

Well Known Member
"Mayor Kiko Munro stressed the trust of new investments and real estate developers in returning to Puerto Peñasco.“I’d like to thank Daniel Butterfield and Nicolas Najera,” stated the mayor, “for the trust of the investor group ". Kiko and the Grifter.....will be quite the shit show

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Rockypoint360 is reporting that construction on Esmeralda has started: http://rockypoint360.com/renewed-construction-on-esmeralda-resort/
This should be interesting for the Cholla HOA and community, since any activity should trigger a Embargo?? filing by the HOA, to allow the community to get what it is due. Hummmmm, see how this works out.
TRUST is a 5 letter word that doesn't pan out very often. Follow-up on promises and action determines if trust is warranted. Do what you say you're going to do, goes a long way to earning it.

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
"Do what you say you're going to do." Ain't that the damn truth. Regrettably it can only be applicable by the honor of the individuals saying them. Having met Mr. Dugan I don't envy the situation that has been dumped in his lap, but I'm not at all surprised in his attentiveness to this advancement, or the tenacity in which he'll probably pursue the agreement that has already been made.

Do I think this issue will linger in the Puerto Penasco court system for years to come...more than likely. Do I think any judgment will be favorable for Mr. Dugan, or the Cholla Bay HOA.....probably not. Am I glad that I'm not a prospective buyer in the Esmeralda venture....most definitely.

Horace Greely

I am curious if there has been any further action with this? I have friends who are invested in the Esmeralda. Would they be on the hook for the water and sewer? If the money doesn't come from this source, where will it come from? Is. There a water &sewer system in Cholla Bay already and this was an upgrade?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I am curious if there has been any further action with this? I have friends who are invested in the Esmeralda. Would they be on the hook for the water and sewer? If the money doesn't come from this source, where will it come from? Is. There a water &sewer system in Cholla Bay already and this was an upgrade?
I'm pretty sure it's SBR who would be liable unless they passed the lien on with the sale to new developers or simply dismissed it, so who knows. But I do have confidence in Mike Dugan
to be able to get this sorted out, it's a mess for sure.
Should hear something from the Cholla HOA in future meetings minutes on if there will be any action on this.
The only part of Cholla that is hooked up to city water and sewer is the east end of homes by the Ron Rico store
?? on how many houses. Everything else in Cholla is on Septic tanks and water tanks.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Curious,
What is the water ,sewer situation with all of the resorts? How is that handled? Septic
As far as I know, most of the resorts on sandy beach use city water and city sewer. Most have a large water tank on property to have a nice reserve in case the city supply goes down for a day or two.