Cholla, If You Want To Build

Bob Oso

Just received this little reminder from the HOA, and for the most part seems pretty legit as they are right, it's the way it's done in the US. Probably where the similarities end as well.

So with all this attention to detail, permit wrangling and of course a boost to the Penasco business economy, how will this protect the home owner in making sure the same amount of enforcement is being applied to the construction side? Don't get me wrong, I've seen beautiful workmanship in Cholla, but where the usual collapse begins is getting the city involved. Personally, I think with these requirements you'll a lot less construction being done in Cholla.

Acquiring a Construction Permit from the City of Penasco

Recently I received a letter in Spanish from the City of Penasco informing the HOA of the procedure for acquiring a permit for construction in the community.A courtesy copy in English is below.Their procedure is simply a common sense approach to making sure that a responsible party is involved in the design and construction. This is no different than in the United States. I encourage everyone intending construction to follow the procedures in order to avoid complications and possible fines during construction.er your content here.

Mike Dugan

President

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COURTESY TRANSLATION

Puerto Peñasco, Sonora

13 January 2016.

Mr. Michael Dugan

President of Asociacion de

Vecinos de la Cholla, AC

PRESENT

By means of this letter, I send you my greetings and take the opportunity to inform you that in order to obtain a Construction Permit it is necessary to submit the following information to our office.

1.- Copy of Property Title, Bank Trust and/or document in which the Notario indicates that the Deed is in process.

2.- Letter of no debt from City Treasury.

3.- Three sets of architectural plans at convenient scale to be legible.

4.- Three sets of structural plans properly scaled and includes structural design criteria that are to be signed by Responsible Project Director.

5.- Three sets of plumbing and electrical plans that includes installation details.

6.- The signature of a Civil Engineer or Architect registered at this Office that acts as Responsible Project Director.

The requirement to have a Responsible Project Director is to guarantee the structural integrity of the job and grant assurance to the owner, also this Office has detected that some contractors apply for a construction permit and only declare a portion of the entire job which violates current laws that apply.

For the above I would like to bring to your attention that this Office will take the pertinent measures authorized by Law in this matter.

With no other business at hand, I thank you for the attention given to this letter and am at your disposal for any comment on this issues.

RESPECTFULLY

Arq. Fausto Cesar Soto Lizarraga

Director of Urban Development