Condo for rent - Condo not for rent

loco

What would you guess the percentage of Condos owners who "RENT THEIR PROPERTY" is to the people who "DON'T RENT" . I ask this because, we need to Rent ours out and thats not a bad thing, but from all the people we know who own condo's, maybe 25 percent of them are rentals. Does that seem about right for the market. what do ya' think.

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
I don't have a condo but rather a house and I quit renting over three years ago. It was not worth the damage, higher utility bills and general issues that pop up.

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
I agree with Harley we have a condo on Sandy Beach we bought in April it has been in the rental pool and we decided that it wasn't worth the grief not alot of damage but somthing is always missing. The other reason is I love R.P. and I want nothing to stop me from being able to come down. So for now it is just for my family and friends to use.

garyd

Well Known Member
What would you guess the percentage of Condos owners who "RENT THEIR PROPERTY" is to the people who "DON'T RENT" . I ask this because, we need to Rent ours out and thats not a bad thing, but from all the people we know who own condo's, maybe 25 percent of them are rentals. Does that seem about right for the market. what do ya' think.
I hope you don't need the money to pay for it because the rental has been very sporadic. I think the % is more like 50% when you figure in Las Palomas and the Sonoran properties.

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Our condo was rented out 3 weekends a month from may on with 1 weekend being blocked for us. The problem is it was only weekends so after you pay the fees to the rental company you really end up covering the elec. and the hoa fees (if lucky). We figured that we will have to pay hacienda tax if it stays in the rental pool (hacienda tax ends when removed from rental pool). So when I averaged out how much taxes I will pay for the whole year and subtract from amount of rentals all year I will actually not be making any money. I would rather pay for the condo and the HOA fees be able to use it when ever we want and be able to leave my clothes, scuba gear, fishing gear, dish network and when I come down all I have to bring is donation stuff for Mark and Barb. Remember when the rental company takes the cut if you rent 3 days you only get paid for 2, and when it is rent 3 pay for 2 you don't get crap and your maint cost do go up.

Last edited:
Our condo was rented out 3 weekends a month from may on with 1 weekend being blocked for us. The problem is it was only weekends so after you pay the fees to the rental company you really end up covering the elec. and the hoa fees (if lucky). We figured that we will have to pay hacienda tax if it stays in the rental pool (hacienda tax ends when removed from rental pool). So when I averaged out how much taxes I will pay for the whole year and subtract from amount of rentals all year I will actually not be making any money. I would rather pay for the condo and the HOA fees be able to use it when ever we want and be able to leave my clothes, scuba gear, fishing gear, dish network and when I come down all I have to bring is donation stuff for Mark and Barb. Remember when the rental company takes the cut if you rent 3 days you only get paid for 2, and when it is rent 3 pay for 2 you don't get crap and your maint cost do go up.
Rob & Michelle we LOVE ya's... you have been a great big help to us and the community, we are ever so Thankful for friends like you... =]

loco

When we first got the condo (Dec 98), we went with a rental company and in 4 months they did not get us one rental, They SUCKED excuse after excuse. So we told them bye bye, I went and learned some stuff about web sites and started http://www.123rockypointrelax.com and have been really surprised with the results. in 2009 my girlfriend and I went down almost every other weekend Rentals were OK, 2010 has been excellent the only thing that sucks about that is, We have only been able to come down 5 or 6 times this year because its been rented out, I would say " its a good problem to have". I wont mention the Rental Company ,
whats done is done.
DSCF3541.JPG
Everything is cool.
http://www.123rockypointrelax.com

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
That is a nice website! We tried to get one up and running for our property in 2005, still have the site, but don't use it. Yours is very informative and the descriptions make me want to grab my snorkel gear!