Copper thieves

cholla

Got to the house in Cholla Bay yesterday, after not coming down for a couple of months, found that the copper wires from the meter to the house were cut and gone.

Fridge was of course dead and the frozen chicken that we had in there was oozing acrosss the kitchen floor.

Got eveything cleaned up and aired out(slept on the patio last night), but I need a new fridge, anyone have an inexpensive option, as we have to pay almost 400 dollars to get new conduit and wire run to the house, my budget is shot for this trip.

John

Ammonia cleaner....vinegar........then several boxes of baking soda.....that might help with the odors in the frig, if that is all that's wrong with it. I went thru that when the rv park turned off my electric without warning...and had steaks and hamburgers in the freezer that went bad....and a lot of mold in the frig.....

If you're looking for a new frig, probably the best place in town is on Constitution just after you turn off Benito Juarez heading to Super Ley...it's on the left side just past the bus terminal. Can't remember the name of the place, but someone on here will probably pipe up with it. There should be several places in town selling used units....just ride around a bit.

AZ ROB

If the fridge still works load it up with charcoal that worked for me when the same thing happened.

If you are interested in a used frige take Benito Juarez (coming from Old Port) right at Calle 13, left at Constituion. There are about 3 or 4 vedors selling
used reconditioned appliances. Most of them offer a 6 month warranty. Over a year ago I purchased a fridge ($1500 pecos) stack up washer and dryer ($2000 pecos).
You have to barter and they deliver for free. They receive their new shipments on Friday. "GET THE WARRANTY in printed and signed on your receipt." So far, no trouble with the appliances. Good luck!!