Corndog Adventure.. why we left San Diego in October

corndog

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Worlds largest migration of striped marlin.. https://gregorysweeney.com/trips/trip_baja.html I was on a friends boat, we left San Diego early morning with 2 other boats, headed for Cabo San Lucas.. night came and we kept cruising.. It was amazing to see at night sailboats lit up passing by or us passing them and then a cruise boat also passed all lit up.. woke up in the morning near Cedros Island, Put 1 line out trolling caught a small Mako, reeled him in and released the little guy.. we then quit fishing and headed for Bahia Tortugas for fuel.. at the entry to the bay one of the boats got wound up in a lobster trap buoy... while waiting to get untangled my son tossed a lure and shortly had a big nice yellowtail on his line, everybody else joined in and we had caught in just a few minutes 15 yellowtail. Due to freezer space they were also released.. pulled into to Turtle Bay and headed for the pier for fuel, you have to radio in and they deliver it in a panga.. got fuel and headed for a small bay inside the bay. Dropped anchor, then dropped the rubber dinghy.. we went back toward the mouth of the bay and started catching small barricuda, got tired of that and headed for a beach to try to catch a roosterfish, no roosterfish only 1 sierra.. In the morning we took off headed for the area miles out from Magdalena Bay, at first nothing, but then the yellowfin tuna started biting, we released all but one.. after the yellowfin came the striped marlin, 13 caught between the 3 boats and my kid got his 1st marlin.. every fish was released except the tuna.. quit fishing and headed to Cabo, arrived at the marina.. fueled the boat and headed for the dock.. shortly after customs arrived, confiscated all meat and vegetables then immigration to check our papers.. it was a great trip for a young kid..

Last edited: