Cornejo's panaderia?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Does anyone know if Sr. Cornejo's family reopened the bakery? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for a new bakery that makes bolillos as yummy as Sr. Cornejo's were? I saw an article in the Rockypointonline paper about Tito's........I've never been there.
Thanks!

playaperro

El Pirata
I never went to Cornejo's panaderia, I guess one time bitten, you never forget, The panaderia
I perfer is panaderia industrial. coming off the main Bld. turn like your going to cholla bay go about
4 streets turn left. The bread is fresh everyday about 2 pm.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Thanks for the replies. Is Panaderia Industrial left on the 4th street off of the old road or the new road to Choya?

And, I know where Comonfort is but I have never heard of Javier Mina. Can someone tell me where that is? I even looked on my map but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Thanks Tortuga! I'll try them both and give you my bolillo critique next week! :chef: :lol:

dwig222

My shrimp guy told us yesterday that Sr. Cornejo's daughter was the one who did the baking for him the last couple of years before he died. She has her own bakery, but he said it was hard to find. If you want to know where it is, ask at Alberto/Jessie fish market. It's on the left side as you enter the fish market, not on the other side where the majority of fish markets are. Ask Alberto (big guy, super nice). Tell him hi from the "people in the big blue truck"

InkaRoads

cronopiador
for years (15 + or -) I have been buying from Alberto, he has very nice shrimp and fish and the gangas he gives me are out of this world, very nice guy indeed and very helpfull!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Sorry, I forgot to post up when I got back. Yes I did find the bakery on Comonfort and Javier Mina and yes, the bolillos are just as good. :chef: :sunny: :D Thanks Tortuga for the tip.

How about the orejas ( ears ) ? I have hit several of the Panaderias, Titos, the one West of the school and the one by the radio tower, and no where do I find any as good as were Cornejo's. For the past 30 years they had the best and also there white power sugar topped cookies were the best.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I don't know Bill. I never ate the orejas or the sugar cookies as I remember. I'll look next time or if we are there at the same time, I'll show you where it is.
Chari