crossing 10/18

ernesto

Got to the border at 11 am had a one hour wait. Witnessed a few Gringos thet still don't get that the Mexican Police make 2 lanes close to the border and we need to alternate when it goes back to one. They think the whole right lane on the shoulder consists of cheaters. Kind of like road rage light.:?:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Road Rage Light, that's pretty funny. I used to try to explain it to people in line but they got testy. :bunny:Thank goodness for my big Jeep!:cruisin:

A

azbeachboy

At 7:00 am we had a one car wait. It was beautiful weekend with calm water and high tides.

Jim

I'll be heading to Tucson tomorrow morning. My brother is in the hospital and I need to be there. I plan to leave early but I know how it goes with the family. I'll say 6:00 and be lucky to get out of here at 8:00. How's Monday traffic been? I haven't been back in 3 or 4 months. I hate the traffic and bussle of the city. This is my home now.

Before you crucify the people in the left lane...I have seen on many instances that the second lane is opened by the Mexican police. The go the end on the line and instruct cars to form that lane.

Before you crucify the people in the left lane...I have seen on many instances that the second lane is opened by the Mexican police. The go the end on the line and instruct cars to form that lane.
True...but I have seen instances that the Mexican police are not involved...but some American decides to form the second line on his/her own.....

It is still irritating when you've been crawling along for an hour.....

And it's even more irritating with the merge back to one line, when there is room to continue 2 lines thru the fence.....there have been occasions when the Mexicans "forgot" to put out the cones blocking the second lane thru the fence!!!

Jim

Crossed at 9:15am this morning. No wait. Very friendly officer scanned passports and said have a nice day.

Jim

Thanks. He had his surgery today and it looks like it all went well. I talked to him briefly on the phone but he was so doped up on morphine that I couldn't really understand him. They will transfer him to ICU tonight and maybe I can see him tomorrow. Poor guy. He is 41 years old and has total kidney shutdown, a hernia, a collapsed lung (now repaired) and still has a better attitude than I do healthy. I'll probably head back home Friday or Saturday. I bet that I have a longer wait getting into Mexico than I did coming out.