Crossing 11/28

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Got to the border at 9:15A.M., 1 and a quarter mile line, 3 lanes open and took an hour and a half. I guess it could have been worse! Glad I took a book to read!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Duh:roll:, today's the 29th. After 4 days in Mexico, I forget what day it is..........:lol:

I just checked the Border Wait time site....at 6:05....they're still showing the 4pm report and a 3 hour wait....they are a bunch of lazy ^%&$ (hear that Jerry???)....I've complained to the Tucson office responsible for the site that they don't update on an hourly basis like they're supposed to!!!!

fasteddy

Wow Ladyjeeper!

You must have been right next to me, I got there at 9:14 and like you said 1 1/2 hour wait, Like you at the last minute i took my book out from the back and had it up front with me, good thing.

What's with the 2-3 people who think it's okay to get out of the single file line and try to pass everybody on the right while were waiting at the border?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
You must have been real close! I have a chili pepper red TJ with a 5 in. lift, 33x12:50 mud tires and a big stinger bar with a hi lift jack on the front. I was alone. I saw those 5 or 6 pukes, too. The guy in front of me was towing a 5th wheel and a jeep so he blocked the lane.
Waiting in lines like that is the only time I wish I had an automatic transmission! Oh well, I had such a great time in Mexico, I really didn't mind the hour and a half.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
You must have been real close! I have a chili pepper red TJ with a 5 in. lift, 33x12:50 mud tires and a big stinger bar with a hi lift jack on the front. I was alone. I saw those 5 or 6 pukes, too. The guy in front of me was towing a 5th wheel and a jeep so he blocked the lane.
Waiting in lines like that is the only time I wish I had an automatic transmission! Oh well, I had such a great time in Mexico, I really didn't mind the hour and a half.
Chari: my new Jeep is my first automatic. I thought I was "settling" but it is very nice. Haven't taken her off road yet, so don't know how well she will hang on the sides without my clutch...but surprise of surprises, a great road tripper. Took her to the Bay Area (San Fran) then down to San Diego last fall and it was like riding in a limo! Well, maybe not that smooth, but pretty close. Technology!

fasteddy

I think I saw the 5th wheel your talking about, I was in a gold expedition
with O'Connor basketball decal on the back.
Your Jeep sounds great! I have a cherokee that has a 3" lift with 31's that
my son has seemed to taken over.

We hit the border at 4:00pm going north on the 28th (Sat) and were backed up to the "Good Bye" sign- it took a 1.5 hours to get to the border agents. We weren't too far away from the inspection station but it was a slow process. It looked like most had passports. I don't get it.

When we 1st drove to get in line a man collecting donations kept waving us off into the far right shoulder lane. We stayed in the main line and told him it can cause a bit of a problem trying to get back into the main line further down the road.
I heard that the wait times were 5 hours on Sunday afternoon.
It was a great trip, good times, good food with family and friends.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I had a Cherokee with a 4 inch lift and 31's. I was surprised that she would go where she went.

My TJ is even better, tho.

Sheryl, Driving my Jeep long distance ain't for sissies. By the time you get there, you are pretty rattled. Can't talk on the cell either cause ya can't hear over the tires singing. Gotta keep both hands on the wheel, too. She wanders and if you hit a bump just right, she'll go off. She corners like a brick......but she's my baby! :cruisin: And, as far as transmissions go, I'll pick my own gears, Thank You! :D I have acquaintances that won't ride in it!:roll::lol:

Another reason to stay until Monday on holiday weekends....hit the border at about 3pm....2 lanes open....one car in one of the lanes, nobody in mine....through in about 2-3 minutes. The agent was very serious...but answered some questions I had.

P

Penasco Pirate

Chari, thanks for the work! I'll be looking foward to your list and hoping to hear from Deb soon. You should talk to me about your TJ's wandering ways, too! We got to the border at about 9pm Sunday night and only waited about 10 minutes...my headlights were flashing and giving me fits but we still made it home before midnight.:-D

A

AZ Miguel

My little 06 TJ with a 4.0. I've got 31's on it but I'm looking at lifts and some 33's to help it in the sand better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I had a Cherokee with a 4 inch lift and 31's. I was surprised that she would go where she went.

My TJ is even better, tho.

Sheryl, Driving my Jeep long distance ain't for sissies. By the time you get there, you are pretty rattled. Can't talk on the cell either cause ya can't hear over the tires singing. Gotta keep both hands on the wheel, too. She wanders and if you hit a bump just right, she'll go off. She corners like a brick......but she's my baby! :cruisin: And, as far as transmissions go, I'll pick my own gears, Thank You! :D I have acquaintances that won't ride in it!:roll::lol:
Yea, my '99 Wrangler was like that - a soft top - my new one is one of those freedom tops that you can take off. It is so much quieter, and I can actually see out the back window when its snowing...something I couldn't do with the soft top. Guess I am the one getting soft!
Nice ride, AZ!

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Thank you, Matt! I'll send the list by this weekend. I had an electrical issue in my Cherokee once that would shut the whole Jeep off for a couple of seconds at a time. The first time it happened I was barrelling down Oxbow Hill at 70 MPH at 10 o'clock at night. I think there's still a crease in the seat!!!!!!!:lol: I looked for that ghost for 8 months, even Lefty's couldn't find it. She wouldn't start sometimes either so I would bang on stuff under the hood. Finally, she wouldn't start for the umpteenth time and I opened the hood and happened to move the starter cable from the back of the battery. Voila! That's when I learned that Checker is not better for battery cables! Good luck, electrical issues are never fun.

Oh by the way, the squirrellyness of my TJ is due to the Currie Anti Rock sway bar. I had to get it because I couldn't handle the disconnects by myself and I hated to bug people for help out on the trail all the time.

It was nice meeting you and Dusti. Can't wait to do this again!