Crossing 11/3

InkaRoads

cronopiador
we waited about 3 minutes in the American side, no lines and smooth cruising, Chuck I am still jealous but the weekend was well worth it!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Crossed yesterday 11/04 at about 10:00 am. One car in front of me. Saw several groups of bikes heading down already.

The only problem with crossing with no lines? I have to get the one agent that is a total power/control freak who has nothing better to do at the moment but try to make me miserable! Officer Hornsback, you can blow me!

We pull through the lane, an officer takes our passports, scans then, gives them back. He then asks us to pull over by secondary. No biggie, I'm towing a boat, I'm used to it. The other officer (Hornsback) was standing there with the 1st officer. I pull over and shut off the truck. And wait. And wait a few more minutes. Finally Hornsback wanders over. "Let me see your passports." What? Your buddy just scanned them while you were standing there watching!? "I need to see them." Okay, I gather the passports back up from my buddies and now give them to Hornsback. He holds them in his hand, flips open one of them, then hands them back to me. "I'm going to need to search the boat." Okay, no problem. I get out of the truck and go to put down the boarding ladder and open the cabin. "HEY, why did you get out of the truck? I didn't tell you to get out of the truck!" Well buddy, unless you're Tinkerbelle, ain't no way your fat ass is getting on the boat UNLESS I PUT THE BOARDING LADDER DOWN! "Okay, all of you out of the truck! You two go stand over there! You, come with me." What the fuck? "I don't know who you people are - you could be drug smugglers or criminals or...." Hornsback goes on. Dude, do we not look like 3 middle-aged, fat white guys to you? He takes me to the back of the boat. I put the boarding ladder down. I tell him I'll need to unlock the cabin for him to inspect it. He tells me to do that. I board and open it up. He never bothers to get on the boat. "Okay, you guys have a nice day." Huh? A complete exercise in futility. I close everything up, get off the boat, reset the boarding ladder and off we go. The three of us in the truck all look at each other at the same time and say - "WHAT A PRICK!"

Anyway... that's the hazard of crossing when the agents have absolutely nothing to do but make you jump through silly-assed hoops like that.

ernesto

Well Known Member
You can't give a badge to some people. Call the Port Director if you don't like your experience. I have and it works.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
ernesto said:
You can't give a badge to some people. Call the Port Director if you don't like your experience. I have and it works.
Do you have the name of the "Port Director"? Is that his/her official title?

I have the phone number for the Lukeville crossing....is that the number you've used?

Thanks!

RIC

Hey stu, try my method next time, it workd great. after a hard weekend of fishing i leave the boat uncleaned and unrinsed until i would get home. leave the deck full of fish blood and bait. by the time i get to the border the boat looked and smelled so bad that when an agent would step on the side and look in i would see him stop and say uh.....never mind go ahead. :lol:

great report on the fishing trip. i wish i would have come along.

ric

www.RICSROCKYPOINTFISHING.COM

ernesto

Well Known Member
That is the number to use,don't have the name,just call during banker's hours and ask for the director.