Crossing on 10/13

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, I picked the right line for once! Got to the border around 11 A.M. Line was back to the archway by the Aduana. Nice agent, he looked at my passport, said "Nice Jeep" and sent me on my way. Didn't ask for bacon or nothing! And I had some with me! :grin: Must have been the same agent Stuart had, he was smiling the whole time. 10 minutes for the whole thing, tops! A nice way to end another beautiful weekend in Penasco.

On the other hand, I don't quite get the stop on the American side. All he asked me was where I was from, where was I going and how long I'd had my Jeep. Nothing about weapons, money, passport, etc.:???::confused: I don't get it. Is he US Customs or Pima County sheriff?

playaperro

El Pirata
just being nosey

Where did you eat? How about the Pan, I like birote. Did you go to lollitas.
Did you go to any Bars? Shark bite, Parrots, Mannys. I also like the burros
from the 8 to 12.

Playa

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I was alone this weekend and hate to eat alone in the restaurants. I mostly cooked for myself but did pick up potato and machaca burros from Galindo's for a to go breakfast on Sunday. I've known him for years. He was gone, however, to Oaxaca because his father is sick. His kids were running the restaurant. The burros were yummy, as usual. I also like the burros from 8-12 and Lolitas is one of my favorite restaurants. I remember when they opened the Cocina Economica years ago next to where they eventually built Lolitas. The food is still as good as all those years ago.

I didn't go to the bakery and when I went by the Camel Toe, they weren't open yet. It was early. I mostly rested and stayed on the beach for hours reading and visiting with friends. I needed it.

We have an excursion planned to Ramon's on T-Day weekend and I will try the Prime Rib at Bryans on Halloween weekend if I can get there in time on Friday.

Last edited: