Crossing on 10/26

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Another "wonderfull" wait at the border last night. Got there about 6:30 in the evening....line to the Wendy's.....took me 2 1/2 hours to cross. The Mexican police were telling the people that only one lane was open thru Customs, and that the agent in charge didn't care if there was a long line. When I finally got thru Customs, there were 3 lanes open....asked the agent about the "one lane" story and he said that they did have 2 lanes open because "there were a lot of bad guys" to deal with , and they were short staffed. Since when do the Customs guys handle that....the Border Patrol handles illegals trying to sneak in!!!

I can imagine what it's going to be like on Biker Rally weekend!!!!!

A

azbeachboy

I know what it will be like when I cross at 6:00 am... No lines at all like always! Can you say Biker Weekend. I can and Halloween and Thanksgiving...

A

AZ Miguel

rockyptjoe said:
"there were a lot of bad guys" to deal with , and they were short staffed. Since when do the Customs guys handle that....the Border Patrol handles illegals trying to sneak in!!!
When you have a top Mexican immigration official arrested for attempting to smuggle drugs across the border, as what took place the day you are complaining about then you could assume this is what they were referring to.

If they never had a problem at border crossings and everyone that crossed the border gave them a pretty flower instead of a ham, or 55 gallon race drum of diesel, then you won’t have these waits, but until this world rids itself of a$$hats (myself included :eek: ) you’re going to have a wait crossing the border.

And as a last note; don't believe everything you hear from a Mexican :mexico: cop about a US :usa: Customs border station, they lie. :lol:

Hopefully on the weekend of Biker Rally no one will attempt to smuggle 100 pounds of drugs in their gas tank.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
[quote="AZ Miguel]Hopefully on the weekend of Biker Rally no one will attempt to smuggle 100 pounds of drugs in their gas tank.[/quote]
I do not think that even 10 lbs of well compressed hashish will fit in the biggest harley gas tank!!!!

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
AZ Miguel said:
rockyptjoe said:
"there were a lot of bad guys" to deal with , and they were short staffed. Since when do the Customs guys handle that....the Border Patrol handles illegals trying to sneak in!!!
When you have a top Mexican immigration official arrested for attempting to smuggle drugs across the border, as what took place the day you are complaining about then you could assume this is what they were referring to.

If they never had a problem at border crossings and everyone that crossed the border gave them a pretty flower instead of a ham, or 55 gallon race drum of diesel, then you won’t have these waits, but until this world rids itself of a$$hats (myself included :eek: ) you’re going to have a wait crossing the border.

And as a last note; don't believe everything you hear from a Mexican :mexico: cop about a US :usa: Customs border station, they lie. :lol:

Hopefully on the weekend of Biker Rally no one will attempt to smuggle 100 pounds of drugs in their gas tank.
When you have 3 agents standing around chatting in one lane by the booth, while people wait on line, or when you have Customs working "for" ADOT (diesel comment) and sending people to the detailed inspection station, or asking stupid questions, when you have everything (papers) in order and don't fit the "profile" that they are looking for (and yes, they do profile!!!), and then walking around and tapping the side of your vehicle with their flashlight, then you will have people complaining about the delays. I've been going down long enough to have gone thru long waits on holidays, but the lines always moved well.

And the "imigration official" that was arrested was a low level type (according to another article I read about the arrest).....and what that has to do with the line almost not moving, I don't quite understand. That is why they have the "other" inspection stations or even the big x-ray that is used for commercial vehicles to use if they suspect someone of smuggling. They don't have to hold up the rest of the people coming across. Does it take several Customs agents to detain one "official"....where is he going to run to...back to Mexico....or up the road to Why?

I have all the respect for the work the Customs and Border Patrol people do....it's a miserable job (and not that well paid either )...and I hold my tongue even when I'm pissed....but it's been getting worse and worse at the Lukeville crossing the last 6-9 months! Borders on a "slowdown"!!! And that usually comes from the top down. Most of the agents working at Lukeville seem to be trying to do their job, but there are a couple of a$$hole agents working there....who are downright rude!