Crossing on 10/7/09

I was the only vehicle there and every one was just standing around. Pulled up and thought to my self that this will have to be my fastest crossing ever, but no. They ask all of the questions, put the dog in the back of the PU to check out my truck box, looked over and under and then directed me to stall 1 for further inspection. The officer directed us to go into the office and leave the keys. I said I would rather stay outside and he told me to go inside. Due to having an extra fuel tank on the truck they pulled it around back and did a scoping of the tank for drugs. When inside I ask if this was likley to become standard practice and was told it would. Part of the problem is also that their X Ray equipment is broken so they can not see what you have when you drive through. It took us a good 45 min. to get through.
Diesel was 7.71 pesos per liter and buy on pesos at 13.50 per dollar = about $ 2.27 / gal

Kenny

I think Tyler is working on the site. That last post is for Chari, but it's incomplete and the edit and delete section is missing. OK, it's back, but I still can't delete.

Last edited: