Crossing the border with home improvement items

Nean80

We're having a little remodeling done at our home in RP and we have a few items (door, flooring, etc) to bring down. I've seen some posts about household items like furniture but nothing about items to be used in the construction process. In total, everything is worth about $2300. Do I need to go somewhere to get papers BEFORE I cross the border or can we just declare it at the border?

50 feet after you cross into Mexico there is an area where you turn to the left with a building and parking
for declaring items and paying duty. There is a blue sign with an arrow saying declaration.
Duty is 19% of the declared value.
If you can get/make some doctored receipts that will save you some $$.
Pay in pesos or use a Credit Card because their exchange rate is terrible for using dollars.

We're having a little remodeling done at our home in RP and we have a few items (door, flooring, etc) to bring down. I've seen some posts about household items like furniture but nothing about items to be used in the construction process. In total, everything is worth about $2300. Do I need to go somewhere to get papers BEFORE I cross the border or can we just declare it at the border?
Make a list in spanish of what you have and each items value. Have receipts for the items. If you make receipts use a cheaper but believable number. Unbox anything new to be less obvious, assumption of used is less expensive. Unwrap all the small stuff and pack together i use a suitcase and usually don't bother to declare. Make your load aduana friendly. Makes it smoother to process and be on the way.