Crossing Today

GringoZona

Well Known Member
I guess that would be a GOOD thing, so long as it wasn't because of random harassment and excessive inspections on either side of the border, and more because so many were coming down for the holiday weekend.

El Tiburon

Well Known Member
Now that we know it was our own government that was responsible for the huge influx of weapons into Mexico, maybe the check points leaving the country can be dismantled. It just amazes me that a significant amount of our tax dollars are used to do the job the country we are enterring should be doing. I just love the East German experience of driving through a gauntlet of machine gun toting military with barking dogs each time I leave the U.S.

jben

I crossed today around 11:30. Took about 10 minutes. Line was backed up a little past the turn off to the duty free store.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
We crossed at 7:00 pm on Friday afternoon, and the line was about 20 minutes- very frustrating why they can't open a few more lanes.

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
I crossed last month at San Luis and got secondary inspection for the first time after approximately six years of crossing. Then they couldn't find our passports. We though for a moment we had become illegal aliens or is that undocumented? The female agent was very stern with us which my copilot seemed to like. The male officer was very jovial and pleasant to deal with and gave us a few good laughs. Took us an additional 35 minutes which wasn't bad. The funny thing was that when we pulled into secondary I noticed one of the screws had fallen out of the kick panel in the truck and all kinds of things started going through my mind. It was a long day. Poured concrete all day, left and 6:30 PM and finished the 500 miles to California at 3:00AM.

Rick
Cholla Bay

Esperanza

Well Known Member
We crossed on Friday around 6pm. About a dozen cars in front of us....single file into Mexico, but once across, they had 2 lanes open. We got the light, but no problems. They asked to see the papers for our dogs, ask about foods, etc. We told them we were buying everything in RP! It was quick and we were on our way. They appeared to be "red lighting" about every other vehicle. It was a great weekend!!

garyd

Well Known Member
We crossed on Friday around 6pm. About a dozen cars in front of us....single file into Mexico, but once across, they had 2 lanes open. We got the light, but no problems. They asked to see the papers for our dogs, ask about foods, etc. We told them we were buying everything in RP! It was quick and we were on our way. They appeared to be "red lighting" about every other vehicle. It was a great weekend!!
When Mexico has 2 lanes open you would think we would too.

Cactus Jack

Now that we know it was our own government that was responsible for the huge influx of weapons into Mexico, maybe the check points leaving the country can be dismantled. It just amazes me that a significant amount of our tax dollars are used to do the job the country we are enterring should be doing. I just love the East German experience of driving through a gauntlet of machine gun toting military with barking dogs each time I leave the U.S.
Our federal agents being told by their superiors to violate the law (actually, US federal law, Mexican federal law, and international law) and be paid. How is that any different than narcotrafficantes paying our federal agents to violate the law? Corruption is corruption. Then Big Sis Nappy has the balls to delay traffic leaving the US in order to have her stooges ask us "Do you have any guns or ammunition? When are the citizens of our country going to wake up? Those empowered with our border security have been demoralized by the Obama administration. Those with any integrity have long left and have been replaced by a bunch of goons.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I crossed today around 11:30. Took about 10 minutes. Line was backed up a little past the turn off to the duty free store.
Jben, we were there at 11:30 also on Sat. morning. Big red Wrangler with big mud tires and covered in mud towing a gray and rusty little trailer filled with old furniture. We stopped and bought "supplies" at the Ueta store and had to squeeze back in line. Some of those people weren't giving an inch.... LOL!

Cactus Jack

If you stop at Gringo Pass to buy "supplies", rather than try to cut back into the line, it is only proper to drive to the end of the line and take your place.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
It was past the gas station and I was towing a trailer...........I drove to the end of the gas station......

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
If you stop at Gringo Pass to buy "supplies", rather than try to cut back into the line, it is only proper to drive to the end of the line and take your place.
so...if you're coming back the other way, and HAVE to stop at the border on the Mexican side to use the bathroom.....and the line is back down the hill...you're going to turn around when you're thru and go all the way back down the hill...to be "proper"....riiiight!!! If I stop at the border, I'm going to go back in the line in the same location WHERE i left the line! There is no "proper" about it!!!