Current Weather and how it "feels" on the beach ?

rplarry

How is the weather for anyone in RP and on the beach??

Pretty hot up here in PHX and was wondering how it feels in Rocky Point right now?

Hoping to head down in the next couple days and the AZ Republic posted the weather at 105 in Rocky Point. That is pretty warm with the humidity.

Thank you.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I live away from the beach and I do not have my A/C on today. I don't know what it is out there but It seems really nice to me. I would bet it's really nice on the edge of the sea of Cortes'. Heat here is OK because of the sea of Cortes'.

we'll be there for the Circus Mexicus event. I have been there in May and July many times. Never in June.
I seem to recall the temp being 5-10 degrees cooler but with higher humidity. So not too terrible.
Looks like a GREAT week ahead :D

This week it's been 85 degrees near the water with the humidity in the 50-60's not bad just bring shade.

I have been running my A/C 5-6 hours a day, the nights only go down to the low 70's for a few hours 3-5AM
and soon as the sun rises it starts to get warmer. By 10AM the past 2 days it's been 83-85 and the wind has been
blowing 10-15mph.
As long as Phx stays in the upper 90's and low 100's it is usually pretty nice down here, a bit toasty during
the day and nice at night just takes till 10pm for everything to cool off.

We are still 4-5 weeks away from the always wanting to be in the water weather.

MIRAMAR

It was beautiful this weekend. And on Monday when it was hot in Phoenix & Tucson, it was perfect at the beach. I can't wait to go down this weekend!

badfish

Accuweather says 99 degrees for the Circus Mexicus weekend. Weather channel says around 84 for the weekend and wunderground doesn't show a 10 day forecast.

I hope accuweather is wrong!

Accuweather is drunk then I take it? I see scorching temps for next weekend and everything else showing mid to low 80s. We will be down next thursday for about a week and keeping a close eye on these "forecasts".

Most of the weather forecasts for RP are just so wrong.

Best way to forecast summer temps. is take Phx forecast temps. and subtract 12-15 degrees from it. And also add 3-4x the humidity.
(Not for days like today when a storm is going through Phx and not here).

For Circus Mexicus it should be 85-88 for the high and going down to low-mid 70"s, just about perfect for that weekend.
Phx forecast is showing low 100's for June 6-8th.
As long as the wind comes out of the S-SE it will be fine, Out of the north and it will be very toasty.
The water temps keep everything under control and we are in the early monsoon flow with winds from the SE.

rplarry

Thanks for the replies!

We have been down many times in May and June and usually have really good weather. Even July has been good to us several times. But these temps getting up to 107 in Phoenix usually means it is getting pretty toasty in RP, so just wanted to check and see how things felt down there.

thanks for the info brokenwave

anyway you can help with a few calm days for fishing and a few rough days for playing in the ocean?

Roberto

Temps are warm, but not hot here. Humidity is not spiking, perfectly reasonable. If you are thinking August weather, we ain't got that yet.

In light of the latest events happening in Sonoyta....is it still safe to travel to RP? We have made reservations for this weekend but re-considering now.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Humm, I might have to stay another day down here knowing that. Thanks I needed more vacation.

I feel it's just another news story being over blown, if you want to feel safer travel during the day.