CUSTOMER SERVICE---LACK THEREOF

Hi to all
This is with ref. to the lack of customer service at Lowrance.
After spending almost an hour on hold this am I got to talk to a tech. person. I ask about the maping and was told there is NO MAPING FOR THE SEA OF CORTEZ. I told the that another tech had told me there was and that is why I bought the LCX 28 instead of the LCX 27. She basically said TOUGH and if I wanted it I needed to buy the Navionics chip.

Does anyone know where I can buy a pirated copy of a Sea of Cortez chip 912P ? Or can I borrow one and get it duplicated ?
Thanks

B

bahiatrader

Customer service is another reason I left my Lowrance sitting by a dumpster. I thought it would be a dirty trick on anyone who picked it up.

dmcauley

And what a bunch of jerks when you do get them. My hand held Lowrance has every sea in the world punched in (176 dollars) My LCX 2800 HD (you know the cost) I had to pay $199.00 for the baja chip. I finally e-mailed them my phone number and a decent person called me eventually.
The chip supposedly self destructs if you copy it but look me up any saturday and maybe we can use it to program your unit. :eek: :x

don

Gosh,
I feel bad for you guys. I've dealt with Eagle/Lowrance for over 15 years and the only problem I've experienced was when one of there Techs. could not wait when I put them on hold (calling from work). My Brother had an Eagle depth sounder which was "Warrantied for life", and after 12 years of use it stopped working. They could not repair the unit (too old, new technology, no replacement parts) so they offered him a 80.00 certificate (about half of what he paid for his unit) to apply towards a new unit.

Since the higher end Lowrance/Eagle units can record bottom detail and location, I'm using my unit to create my own maps. The Software folks at L/E (Navico) created a program so you can edit your recordings. Its a somewhat complicated process, but they will email (free) you a copy of the software and directions so that you can convert your SLG Sonar file into a comma delimited file, which you can easily edit under Excel. From their you can (with a rename of the file), run your new file under a GIS program and create a topographical map of the reef. Neat, huh? So, you are creating your own personal accurate maps.

Unfortunately the Email systems at both Navico and NAU have large file editors which created problems sending/receiving the Navico program, however the software engineers at Navico were able to rename the program, fool the blockers and get it sent off. So, I've have nothing but good things to say about the Techs. and Software folks at Navico. BTW, I have an Eagle depth sounder which still works well after 16 years of use, and Lowrance GPS units which function flawlessly and acquire quickly after 14 years.
Don