Diesel and Gas

A

azbeachboy

I don't want to sound like cactusamigo...This was on the 10:00 news in Tucson

Declare Everything You Bring Back from Mexico

Posted: July 6, 2008 09:18 PM MST

By J.D. Wallace, KOLD News 13 Reporter

Questions about what you're bringing back from Mexico can include what you put in your tank.

That's the message Field Operations of Customs and Border Protection wants travelers to hear.

U.S. citizens and residents who bought gas in Mexico simply for their travels have little to worry about; however, they are encouraged to declare the gas or diesel they bought and how much. The main concern is those who bought fuel for commercial purposes.

"They tend to be very honest with us and they tell us they're going down to Mexico to buy this and use in their business or they may be going down to buy it and sell it in the United States or bring it in and transfer it to another vehicle to be used. Those are all commercial uses for the gasoline, or the diesel in most cases," said Brian Levin, chief Customs and Border Protection Officer for Field Operations in Arizona.

The duty for diesel is about ten and a half cents per barrel. Gasoline is less than a dollar per barrel. The main thing is to declare what you're bringing in and why, or you could face civil or criminal charges on a case by case basis.

F

FIESTAFROG

So smuggling fuel is now more important than smugging humans lol

Check my post in the other Message Thread on Diesel fuel from Mexico....I just got zapped $38 for 50 extra gallons I brought over by the ADOT people at Lukeville.....it's getting nasty!!! See the following link....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=109