DIF planning annual Black & White Ball- tickets available

Rumor has it some of you might be interested in attending the city's 36th annual Black & White Ball. This is DIF's biggest fundraiser of the year and always a packed house, drawing over 650 people. This year the B&W will be held on Nov. 24th (Saturday after Thanksgiving) at the Quinta Ventura event salon. Those who like to get dressed up and shake a leg will really enjoy this party. Tickets are $1200 pesos per couple, half that for individuals. Important to keep it dressy and respect the color theme. 100% of the proceeds go to DIF to help with their children's shelter, senior citizens program, the handicapped, family services, and legal assistance for victims of violence. Let me know if you'd like more information.

El Gato

Looks like we will be going :) DH tends to drag his feet about getting dressed up and going out at night but with a little arm twisting lol - besides, I do have a black long dress gathering sand.

Know it is for a really good cause. What is the cost in US dollars and how does one pay for it? Check, credit card, obviously cash is good.

I have your tickets in my office. $120 dollars. You can pay cash. If you want to pay with a check, you'd make it out to me and I'll cash it, since I've already paid for the tickets. Can't take credit card. Anyone else on this forum who wants to attend can send me a message and arrange to deposit in my Wells Fargo account or pay via PayPal. I'm glad you guys are going, Julie. Angie's friend Jim will also be there.

Let me know, Melissa! It would be great to have you guys with us! Yes, Gran Chaparral is coming up from Caborca to perform. Usually there's lots of dancing going on.

mis2810

I paid Rosy for our tickets this week. I can't wait for this Ball, I feel like Cinderella AND it's for a really good cause. So GV Jack, Kenny, RPJoe, Mexicoruss, and Roberto, I know you haven't taken out your sequin dresses and high heels since the big fight out back behind Guau Guaus, now is your chance! :razz:

I paid Rosy for our tickets this week. I can't wait for this Ball, I feel like Cinderella AND it's for a really good cause. So GV Jack, Kenny, RPJoe, Mexicoruss, and Roberto, I know you haven't taken out your sequin dresses and high heels since the big fight out back behind Guau Guaus, now is your chance! :razz:
Would love to have these guys on the list. The table/ticket sales have gone so fast, that I'm glad I set 3 aside early on. Our tables are right next to each other and right near the stage. Russ, it would be nice if you and Naomi could join us. As it stands, attendees from this forum are: Estero, El Gato and hubby (who are bringing another couple, you...mis2810 and hubby, me (no way to drag my husband to it, so just me), Lagrimas and the beautiful Favi. Also attending are Rocky Point Jim and some of the Sonoran Resorts team. Jim, thank you for supporting DIF with all you do. Anyone else wanna join us?

Roberto

Dang, I broke the heel off one of my spikes because GV swung his purse at Carnac and he dodged and I fell over him. They were my favorites and I don't have another pair so I can't go. I don't have anything to wear !!!

GV Jack

Snorin God
I can't go...I swung my purse at Robbie boy and hurt my back when he ducked.

Besides, my darling white gown is at the cleaners...Maybe next time.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Jack, I have a really classy black dress you can borrow and Roberto, I have some white high heels that you would look darling in, that you can borrow.... Now. no more excuses.....

When I click on Rosie's link rockypointnewsonline.com it says this domain is for sale...what gives?
The last time I tried to edit my signature and remove that link, I meant to leave the one for the Taste of Penasco/Iron Chef, but as usual...screwed it up. It's fixed now (hopefully). Thanks for bringing it to my attention, wprsly!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Desarrollo Integral de la Familia. Roughly translated (Spanish is not my mother tongue) means integral family development. They are the social services aspect of the government. They assist low income families as much as they can. The Black and White ball is just that. Very fancy and you only wear black and white. The proceeds are donated to the DIF. Tickets are 120 dollars per couple. I went to one a long time ago and it was very elegant and fun. Oh, the Dif here in Penasco has just opened an orphanage and some of this money will go to the orphanage. Rosie, feel free to correct me if I got this wrong...

Desarrollo Integral de la Familia. Roughly translated (Spanish is not my mother tongue) means integral family development. They are the social services aspect of the government. They assist low income families as much as they can. The Black and White ball is just that. Very fancy and you only wear black and white. The proceeds are donated to the DIF. Tickets are 120 dollars per couple. I went to one a long time ago and it was very elegant and fun. Oh, the Dif here in Penasco has just opened an orphanage and some of this money will go to the orphanage. Rosie, feel free to correct me if I got this wrong...
You got it right, Chari! I often refer to it as the Family Services organization here. I recently translated some documents for them and am increasingly impressed and in awe of all they do with such limited resources. For example job training for heads of households, physical therapy for adults and children, senior citizen services, children's shelter, outreach and services for the handicapped, school breakfast program, free medical dispensary, supplemental nutrition for the vulnerable, and their very important legal department, advocates for all of the above if they've been victims of abuse, neglect or abandonment. I probably forgot something, but you get the picture.

When the government has no money (like right now), donations to DIF become even more important. I know there are many ways to give, but I like that they make people accountable if they receive help. If there's substance abuse in a family, for example...or unemployment...those issues are addressed, so it isn't just a hand-out.

Hope that helps, Terrigreen!

yes thank you. Actually has me thinking- even though we're not even there yet.....maybe I can donate my time to this group. My husband is going to look for work, but I am retired and maybe I can help....