dining specials

T

tumbleweed

I'm looking for the nights that various restaurants in Rocky Point have dinner specials.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Specials,

~~~ La Curva, Friday, & Saturday nite ~~~ "TOMAIN SPECIAL'S" ~~~ you ~~~ WILL ~~~ likey :rofl:

~~~ Then go to red cross on Fremont, ~~~ FAST ~~~ to have stomach ~~~ PUMPED OUT ~~~ pinc#e Stuart can confirm this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
What ~~~~~~a~~~~~~ special~~~~~~ person~~~~~~ you~~~~~~~~ are btw La Curva is closed for the time being!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
What ~~~~~~a~~~~~~ special~~~~~~ person~~~~~~ you~~~~~~~~ are btw La Curva is closed for the time being!
Say it ain't so, Russ! Despite Mr. Happy's nonsense and hate of the place, my wife and I love it and have been part of the La Curva family for many years. She'll be really sad to hear that, as am I.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Say it ain't so, Russ! Despite Mr. Happy's nonsense and hate of the place, my wife and I love it and have been part of the La Curva family for many years. She'll be really sad to hear that, as am I.
That is bad, they were trying to sell some properties to pay down their debt.

Last edited:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
The way the businesses are dropping/closing, we need a thread (with sticky) that lists all that have shut down.....:aagh:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Without the gambling...I guess they didn't have any business! I never was a fan of the place....although it does impact all the people who used to work there.....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Bryan's has Prime Rib on Friday nights for 9.99. They start serving at 7 and when it's gone, it's gone. Go at 6 and put your order in. It comes with salad, bread, baked potato and steamed veggies. Be really hungry! It's yummy! Portofino's has all you can eat pasta on Thursdays; I think it's 7.99. Lolita's has a breakfast buffet on Sat and Sunday; I think it's 8.99. I'll think of more later...............Oh, Los Juanes used to have a breakfast buffet on the weekends but I think they've also gone out of business...:-(

I haven't been to the Black Dog since Steve owned it. I wasn't much of a fan of that place myself.............

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Bryans also has Wednesday night 2 for one hot wings and the place is jammed packed, we go just about every wed with the kids and it is amazing.

Brothers Pizza is doing really well, Capones is doing well. All of the places that cater to both Nationals as well as tourist are appearing to do Ok maybe not as well as they wished but alive anyway.

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
I went to Lolitas ll a few times last week and thought the food was very good.. Chef Mickey has the all you can eat pasta as well on Thursdays.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
The Puesta del Sol (restaurant at Playa Bonita) used to have a Sunday brunch....all you could eat. Does anyone know if they still do?

Jeff

Well Known Member
Bryans also has Wednesday night 2 for one hot wings and the place is jammed packed, we go just about every wed with the kids and it is amazing.
Bryans also has ice-cold Indio on tap in frozen mugs! just sayin'...:cheers:

Last edited:

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Last time I was at Capones they did have Kilt Lifter as well... Bryans has good food as well as Max's... Last time I was at Playa Bonita we were ordering off of the menu but it was X-Mas day

Roberto

Well Known Member
Here are a few restaurants that I am familiar with on a first hand basis. Not an all inclusive list by a long shot.

Bryans Sports Bar, on Fremont -Open 7 days. Chicken Wings, Wed. Night - It is always packed by locals for this. Chinese Food Tuesdays. Prime Rib Fri. 7 or so big screen TVs, popular with the locals. Can be a little loud. Indio on Tap.

Hacienda Las Fuentes - Open Thurs - Sun Sunday night 2 for 1 New Mexican Specialties. This is by far the nicest restaurant in Penasco for my dollar. No sea view but the inside is superior. Food is tasty, menu is typical. Large restaurant, great for large groups, call for reservations if so.

Capones on Sinaloa off Fremont in the Mirador. Has been open Thursday thru Sunday. Huge menu, including a good Pizza and a variety of fresh fish. Excellent lasagna, Crab Ravioli. Good selection of beer on tap including Porter. Lots of big screen TV's showin sports, boxing. Very popular with ex-pats and US visitors.

Porto Fino Open, at least late in ther week and weekends. Very good Fruti de Mari, Clams and Jeeper loves the steak!

Marys Coctaleria on the Malecon. Open 7 days a week 265 days a year. The best Shrimp dishes in town. Try the sea food soup, delicioso.

Con Flavio on the Malecon. Not positive about days and hours, but they seem to be open every day. Good selection of Mexican foor and local shrimp dishes.

Mar Blu Bistro first street back from the Malecon, across and down the block from La Roca Hotel. CAnnot report days and hours.

El Sombrero Calle 13, Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Nice menu of typical dishes, Mexican food, shrimp, Tacos. Food has been good for me.

Max's Grille pen 7 days a week till 9 or so. My favorite, good food and good friendly service in a cozy bar. End of Calle 13 across from the Del Sol Hotel. Very popular breakfast spot. Opens fairly early. Has regular but unpredictable specials. Pasta night, all you can eat 5 different sauses, pretty good. Good Pizza, great hamburger, fish and chicken dishes. Never had a bad meal here.

Micky is open somewhere out on condo Row, Can't recall where.

Changos On condo row. Don't know the hours

Blue Marlin Half block off the Malecon on the same street as Thrifty Ice Cream. Open 6 days 10:30 to 9:30, closed Wednesdays. Food has been excellent with good service.

Mare Blu Ristorante 383-0605 At the end of Sandy Beach, Open 7 days 5 to 10:30. Italian and continental food. Everyone reports excellent fooda nd service.

La Cocina de Ramon Restaurante 388-5362 Between Benito Juarez and Josefa. Open 6 days, 8 AM to 9PM Sun-Thursday, 8-10 Fri & Sat, closed Tuesday.

La Cocina de Ramon II At the Sonoran Sea Resort. Closed Tues & Wed. Dont have the hours.

Last edited:

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
I tried the Blue Marlin last weekend and found the smoked fish to be very good as well as the dinner special for 2 very reasonable price and very tasty food

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ mexicoruss, Good buddy, ~~~ I am ~~~ HAPPY ~~~ that we are still GOOD friends, ~~~ cause I just don't know what I would do with myself, if we weren't ~~~ :lol: :lol: :lol:

~~~ BTW, mexico, ~~~ how is the ~~~ COTTON CANDY ~~~ buis. doing, ~~~ I sure be sad if I heard they went down too, ~~~ :lol: :lol: :lol:

& now that La Curva went "BELLY UP" ~~~ after sending so MANY to the ~~~ "BELLY PUMPERS' so to speak, ~~~ the red cross is going to have to shut down the ~~~ STOMACH PUMPING dept. :lol: :lol: :lol:

~~~ I am the ~~~ GREAT HAPPY ~~~