Directions from Yuma to Penasco

AZ ROB

Does anyone have directions "detailed" for the drive from Yuma to Penasco on the new coastal highway. I tried to find a map but it hasn't made it to any I have found.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Yuma South to San Luis Sonora, cross into Mexico make the first left available it is like 2 streets into San Luis, well marked. Go about 2 blocks and make another left which will take you back to Sonora Highway 2, turn right or East and follow it all the way out of town. In about 5 miles from San Luis center you will see the BillBoards for the new highway, it is marked El Golfo as well as Puerto Penasco. Turn right onto the access road. You will travel about 7 miles before you get to a round about look to the left and you will see the caseta (toll booth). The toll is 94 pesos there is a bathroom there that is pretty decent. Take this ultra straight ultra smooth road for about 35 miles and you will come to a "t" in the road (Watch your speed on this stretch the Federales are active) Take a left towards El Golfo in a mile or so you will see a West Bound check Point slow down and follow instructions they probably wont have you stop. Continue on another 28 miles or so and you will come down the hill towards El Golfo. There is another "T" before you get to El Golfo (if you get to the OXXO you have gone too far) Take the left at the "T" and follow it for 1 hour 40 minutes and you will pass Laguna Shores, continue straight, cross the next road and stay straight you will see the condos of Sandy Beach straight ahead drive straight to them on the brand new road it is a great - pretty and painless drive. ENJOY!

AZ ROB

Thanks Russ I have some friends who would love to come to Penasco but are afraid.. I think I we talked them into a fishing trip..

Estero

It is about 160 miles from Penasco to San Luis and an even 200 to Mexicali. I drive it all the time, easy fast drive. But watch your speed in San Luis I got bit there not too long ago. The toll road is about 8 bucks. There is also an agricultural check point going south and they will ask about fruit and veggies.

Just went thru today and toll was 108 mex and will take US money at their exchance rate. Can break for lunch or so at El Gulfo and get gas.

Comming in there is now an ag inspection stop and increase in military at the military check point, and have to get out of your car as its inspected.

Great drive.

jerry

Off the subject a bit but if anyone needs to get to LA from Puerto Penasco take a bus to the border at Yuma and hop on the Amtrak Sunset Limited.It leaves the station at midnight 3 times a week...breakfast in downtown La at the awesometrain station

Rhino

I entered at St Luis yesterday (Sunday) and proceeded to Penasco which was amazingly simple. I took the first left after entering onto Obregon St then followed the very well marked signage to El Golfo/Penasco. The toll was 105 pesos, the roads were in great shape and the scenery was beautiful!

El Gato

Off the subject a bit but if anyone needs to get to LA from Puerto Penasco take a bus to the border at Yuma and hop on the Amtrak Sunset Limited.It leaves the station at midnight 3 times a week...breakfast in downtown La at the awesometrain station
Has anyone taken the bus from Penasco to San Diego (Oceanside)? If so, any details? Thanks.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I entered at St Luis yesterday (Sunday) and proceeded to Penasco which was amazingly simple. I took the first left after entering onto Obregon St then followed the very well marked signage to El Golfo/Penasco. The toll was 105 pesos, the roads were in great shape and the scenery was beautiful!

That's what I've said before! I understand people get anxiety doing something they have never done before but there are well marked signs and if you can read English you shouldn't need detailed directions. A 13 year old could get from San Luis RC to Rocky Point and vice versa without directions.