directions to butcher shop

asprinkles

Well Known Member
Just wondering if someone could give me directions to a good butcher shop. I'm going down tomorrow and want to try there ribeyes. Do they call them ribeyes in Spanish. Also how is there hamburger? Do they also sell the ranchera ,carney asada meat with marinade there?If there is somewhere else to go please let me know. What about buying un cooked orange chicken Thanks Leigh

Landshark

Well Known Member
The place we go to is Carniceria San Jose. It is just south of the Burger King, maybe 1/4 mile, same side of Benito Juarez. It is orange & white & on the north end of a small strip mall. We got ribeyes there & they were great. They speak perfect English so don't worry about the Spanish. Everything is cut & trimmed when you order so they can be as thick as you like. Their meat case is loaded with beef so I assume they have the ranchera with marinade. Don't know about ground beef but you would think they could grind any of their cuts of beef.

GV Jack

Snorin God
If you're not happy with that you can try Sam's Club. I have a number of friends who get their Rib Eyes there and swear by them.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Super Ley has marinated beef packages. Their Rib Eyse is good too but cut thin to my taste.

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
Where Is the Super Ley that everyone shops at? We drove from Calle Revelocion down Calle Constitucion all the way down to the jail (we were keeping an eye out for it because we heard it was around that area on our way to the Men's & Women's Rehabilitation centers) maybe we're blind Lol but we didn't see anything that looked like a decent size grocery store, or Maybe we got incorrect information

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I have a book coming out later in the year that will give you coordinates on everything to do and see from a tour guides point of view. It will be available as a download to tablet or phone and will use links and gps to get you where you want to go....stay tuned.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I have a book coming out later in the year that will give you coordinates on everything to do and see from a tour guides point of view. It will be available as a download to tablet or phone and will use links and gps to get you where you want to go....stay tuned.

how much will that cost

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Haven't set the price but it will be cheap as a download with a hardbound available later. The cool things about downloadable books is that as pertinent info changes it gets sent automatically to those that downloaded the book. I think we are talking about a 7.99 usd price but that is a ball park, if anything it may be less than that

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
Haven't set the price but it will be cheap as a download with a hardbound available later. The cool things about downloadable books is that as pertinent info changes it gets sent automatically to those that downloaded the book. I think we are talking about a 7.99 usd price but that is a ball park, if anything it may be less than that
Sounds great! I think a lot of frequent and or first/few time visitors can really benefit from something like that. It sounds better than "make a left at the old green building with two windows missing (not the one with three windows missing ), until, you get to the orange house and go up a few roads to a street that has a name but doesn't have a sign." Sometimes it's actually a little fun trying to find things with those kinds of directions but not all the time!