Directv Guy?

Rhino

Well Known Member
I now hav my Directv HD Receiver & Dish ready to take down Wednesday to replace my non-HD system. Instead of monkeying with it myself, I would prefer to find someone there to install the new dish and run the wires if necessary. Therefore, does anyone know someone in Penasco who can set it up? And, yes Jerry, I know I should just "read a book at the beach" but I guess I'm not so much a pure intellectual as you!:cool: Thanks, Guys!

jerry

Well Known Member
Rhino i have some comic books you can borrow (The Black Knight) but this list will help! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-kornbluth/25-novels-you-can-read-on_b_639882.html
I now hav my Directv HD Receiver & Dish ready to take down Wednesday to replace my non-HD system. Instead of monkeying with it myself, I would prefer to find someone there to install the new dish and run the wires if necessary. Therefore, does anyone know someone in Penasco who can set it up? And, yes Jerry, I know I should just "read a book at the beach" but I guess I'm not so much a pure intellectual as you!:cool: Thanks, Guys!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I have always used Fernando who is a Sky Satellite retailer. He also owns the LOOK OUT alarm company. His #638-383-6100 or as you are headed south on Benito Juarez when you pass Burger King there is a stop light put yourself in the inside lane go through the light to the pemex station that will be on your left go left on the street south of the gas station (Nicholas Bravo) and on your right you should see his building. Beware he is great at showing up late. But maybe this economy has speeded him up. Or just go to any Sky dealers they should all be happy to help you. I understand you are bringing your own dish Directv and this wont matter to them. They will be happy to get the work. Also the waiters or bartenders at La Curva Restaurant will know somebody just go in and ask them.

Last edited:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Rhino....did you get the dish that requires the inline power adapter? If not, which one did you get and how much was it?

I'm thinking of replacing my 18 inch one with an hd dish. Whenever I bring the hd receiver back from Penasco, I have trouble getting the hd channels back on the guide. A couple of times directv had to resend the activation signal....and it's a royal pain having to deal with their tech support!!!

Last edited:

Rhino

Well Known Member
Rhino....did you get the dish that requires the inline power adapter? If not, which one did you get and how much was it?

I'm thinking of replacing my 18 inch one with an hd dish. Whenever I bring the hd receiver back from Penasco, I have trouble getting the hd channels back on the guide. A couple of times directv had to resend the activation signal....and it's a royal pain having to deal with their tech support!!!
Contacting Directv is always a pain. I have the Slim Line dish which can accomodate 4 TVs and if the inline power adapter is the component with the retangular shaped device that says Directv on it then the answer is yes. I paid $65 for the dish and mounting bracket.