Dish Network

AZ ROB

Does anyone know who can install Dish Network at a condo on Sandy Beach I am coming down this weekend and would like to take care of this while I am here. I know I will get beat for not fishing, walking the beach, hanging at a bar, riding quads or Jet skis, But sometimes I just want to watch tv :eek3:

Roberto

Does anyone know who can install Dish Network at a condo on Sandy Beach I am coming down this weekend and would like to take care of this while I am here. I know I will get beat for not fishing, walking the beach, hanging at a bar, riding quads or Jet skis, But sometimes I just want to watch tv :eek3:
On Benito Juarez, across for the Circle K, behind the big TelCell store in the old Jim Burr Shopping center there is a business that has a large sign up that they install Dish. Never been in there so I have no details. There is also a sign up in the Tel Mex Store, but I did not get the details there either.

I always wondered if the HOA's at the Sandy Beach condos let you install your own satellite dish??? I thought they have cable installed already, although it sounds from friends that the channel choice is very limited.

AZ ROB

I was told we can have someone install on roof and run down into the condo thru existing tracks...

That will be interesting,.....finding the conduits to run the cable thru....and $$$ You used to be limited to about 100 ft. for the run of the cable.

like Terry C said, if you have a south facing patio, just get a portable mount (tripod, etc.) and install it yourself.....I've aimed my dish many times, and have helped others to do it too (both Dish and Directv). With the new HD dishes for Directv, it is a bit more difficult, but I'm sure there is someone in Penasco to do it, or bring someone in from Ajo. If you have a system in Phoenix or Tucson, the settings should be just about the same.

Call chris Guarino at 602 324 9148 cell 480216 6749 Set mine up Is down there three to four days a week and his assistant is thee all the time. Very good and reasonable

With Direct TV you can take yours from home and use it there. I have one in my rv and where ever I go I have TV. If the Condo people say you can not put up an antena you may have a problem with DIY. My system uses a portable stand and as long as I can see the Southern skies I generallyv have a good signal.
I used to deal with Dish but realy got tired of trying to talk to someone in tech support that could not even speak english. I never did learn East Indian!

Bill...have you gone to HD on the Directv? I've got it at home, and bring down one of the HD receivers and hook it up to my old 18" round dish. I get the regular programming. Been thinking about getting one of the newer dishes (larger/oblong) to get all the satellites. The aiming looks to be a lot more complicated from reading the manual, plus it is "powered". I also have a problem when I get back home....the receiver doesn't seem to want to pick up the HD channels after being used with the round (non-HD) dish.

Last edited:
It is 1/3 more dificult as there is a third function to deal with. I average about 7 min to do the set up. I mounted the dish mount post on a piece of plywood. Align the base plywood edge North South and level it for reference. Slide the dish in to place and use a compas to get the correct allignment. The third part of the set up is the angle of the dish. I dont remember the name but it is like driving a car and turning the steering wheelHook up the cable to the TV and get the allignment coordinants for your area. If you are out of USA just use the closest fo any US city. Get it set where you think it should be and go to signal strength meter on screen. Have some one watch the screen for a signal. Now ever so gently move the antena sloghtly up and down and right to left until there is a signal. Now using the adjustment bars do the fine tuning. It sounds tough but it is not.
Do a couple of set ups at home before you go. Lots less stres. If you know some one who does it ask for help. REMEMBER THAT THE ANTENA MUST HAVE A VIEW OF THE SUTHERN SKY. ALSO IF YOU ARE IN A PARK LOOK FO ANOTHER PERSON WITH THE SAME TYPE OF ANTENA AND LOOK TO SEE WHERE THEY ARE POINTED. IF ALL ELSE FAILS ASK THAT PERSON FOR HELP. I have helped a lot of people.
Have questions call me. 520-251-0656 9 - 6

Thanks Bill for the reply....I have a digital strength meter to help with the alignment....but with the old 18" round, you don't have 3 settings to worry about. Is your dish that you use in Penasco one of the new "powered" ones?

I would expect that if you set it up for Phoenix or Tucson on a plywood mount, and locked it in, you would only have to work about N/S and making sure it was level.

BTW, how's the knee recovery coming? We missed your fish frying over the 4th!! (and you and your wife's company.....)