Donations at Churches?

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I heard that you can donate clothes at local churches in RP?

I'm going down in 2 weeks with some friends that wanted to donate some clothes. Is there any easy to find churches? I'm not to familiar with the city... as of yet :geek:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
tyler said:
I heard that you can donate clothes at local churches in RP?

I'm going down in 2 weeks with some friends that wanted to donate some clothes. Is there any easy to find churches? I'm not to familiar with the city... as of yet :geek:
If they have children's clothes, you can stop on the way in to town at the Esperanza Children's Home...it's a couple of miles off the main road (can't miss the sign) about 10-12 miles before you hit town. They were always very appreciative!

Dezracer

Well Known Member
When PRO Desert was holding races, we would ask the race teams to bring blackets, toys and clothes for the Esperanza Children's Home. They are located off the Hwy to the border, just north of the Well Road (Aqua something??) There is a sign on the east side of Hwy, and the home is a few miles down a dirt road.

Here are some pics from when we delivered the items to the kids.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
That's what we do. We also bring bags of beans and rice and paper products when we have some extra change. The kids are great!